Alumni in the News
Read all about it
NMC alumni receive media coverage from publications around the world. Below is a sampling of stories.
- Life on board a freighter: The captain guides a goliath – Detroit Free Press article and video on Great Lakes Maritime Academy alumnus Bob Thibaudeau, captain of the Paul R. Tregurtha, the longest freighter on the Great Lakes, along with Great Lakes Maritime Academy cadet and NMC student Michael Atwell
- NMC alumnus battles Ebola in west Africa – Record-Eagle article on Dr. Michael Paterson, an emergency medical physician who spent six weeks battling Ebola in Liberia and Sierra Leone
- NMC Names Outstanding Alumni – The Ticker news brief on alumni Craig LaFave, John Militello and Angela Nahikian being named the 2014 recipients of NMC's Outstanding Alumni award
- Funny Business: NMC alumni reunite to form comedy troupe – Northern Express article on alumni Craig Golden and David Graves
- Who is Jerry Dobek? – Grand Traverse Insider article on local astrophysicist and NMC alumnus and instructor Jerry Dobek
- Speaking with Eric Nittolo – MyNorth.com interview with Boathouse Restaurant chef and Great Lakes Culinary Institute alumnus Eric Nittolo
- Skiff inducted into Cambridge Who's Who... – Cambridge Who's Who story on alumna LeAnn Skiff
- 'Talk About Art' speaker is metal sculpture creator – Leelanau Enterprise story on alumnus Bob Purvis
- Bands are unplugging for a cause – Traverse City Record-Eagle story on alumni Adam Morrisey and Andy MacTavish organizing a benefit concert for the Father Fred Foundation
Did we miss a story?
Send links about other NMC alumni in the news to firstname.lastname@example.org »