This honorary award was established in 1988 to recognize NMC alumni who are noteworthy for their:
- significant professional achievements; and/or
- exemplary leadership in community and professional activities.
Rogers, Class of 1981, took her first art class on campus at the age of 15, and knew immediately that visual arts were her passion. She graduated in 1981 with her associate’s degree and went on to earn both bachelor’s and master’s degrees in art. Her career took her to North Carolina, where she built a studio and still lives and works today, focusing on large scale sculptures of steel, glass, stone and wood. In 2004 her sculpture, “Nexus” was installed on the east side of the Health and Science building. Rogers is also the daughter of the late Joe Rogers, a longtime math and science instructor and the namesake of NMC’s Joseph H. Rogers Observatory.
Gary Seabrook, M.D.
After graduating from NMC in 1972, Seabrook attended the University of Michigan and Wayne State University medical school. He is now chief of the department of vascular surgery at the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee. Education was a value deeply instilled in Seabrook by his mother, Joanne, and in her memory he has created an endowed fund to support service learning programs in the Business program area..
Zelinski, Class of 1983, is a member of the commercial lending team at Honor Bank. He has served on the NMC Foundation Board's Scholarship Open committee since 2005. He chaired the event, the college’s largest single-day fundraiser, for two years, more than doubling its net profit. He joined the Foundation Board in 2014 and has expanded his fundraising activities still further.
Outstanding Alumni Nominations
The NMC Foundation is seeking nominations for the 2016 Outstanding Alumni Award.
If you prefer, download a printable nomination form (PDF) here »
The recipient(s) will be officially announced at the 2016 Commencement ceremony on Saturday, April 30.
Previous Outstanding Alumni
- 2014: Craig LaFave (class of 2001), John Militello (class of 1990), Angela Nahikian (class of 1981)
- 2013: Paul Britten, Peg Jonkhoff (class of 1976)
- 2012: Kathleen McManus (class of 1974), Steven Rawlings (class of 1991), Timothy Young (class of 1982)
- 2011: Ruth Ann LaMott (class of 1966), Glenn Wolff (class of 1973)
- 2010: Ross Biederman (class of 1959), Susie Janis (class of 1967)
- 2009: Verna Bartnick (1960s), Bruce Byl (class of 1979), Tim Dunn (class of 1992)
- 2008: Todd McMillen (class of 1985)
- 2007: John Robert Williams (class of 1976)
- 2006: James DeLapa (class of 1956)
- 2005: Larry Inman (class of 1974)
- 2004: Jean M. Rokos (class of 1975)
- 2003: Jason Allen (class of 1983)
- 2002: Maurie Dennis (class of 1965)
- 2001: Student Government Association Presidents
- 2000: John Pelizzari (class of 1975)
- 1999: Walter J. Hooper (class of 1968)
- 1998: James Clancy (class of 1955)
- 1997: Richard Benedict (class of 1984)
- 1996: Lloyd V. Hackley (class of 1964)
- 1993: John & Gloria Lyon (class of 1979)
- 1991: Alexander Galligan (class of 1953)
- 1990: David & Sally Viskochil (class of 1964)
- 1989: Morris Thomas (class of 1964)
- 1988: Charles Kesner (class of 1959)