Transcript Requirements

High School and/or College Transcript Requirements

All applicants, except guest students, should send transcripts according to these guidelines:


  • All regular applicants (regardless of age) are required to submit proof of high school graduation in the form of a high school transcript or GED certificate.
  • Home-Schooled Students
    A high school transcript is required and this transcript can be from a homeschool curriculum agency, or can be parent- or instructor-generated. If the transcript is parent- or instructor-generated, we ask that it be notarized as an official document. The transcript should list courses completed and grades earned and must bear the signature of a high school principal in your area as required by Michigan State Law. A student may apply while their final coursework is still in progress, but we must receive a “final” transcript indicating date of graduation prior to enrollment at NMC.
  • Transfer Students
    Degree-seeking students transferring in from another college need to provide a transcript showing at least 12 completed credits with a 2.0 GPA or higher. Students transferring in who do not have 12 completed credits with a 2.0 GPA or higher need to meet the same admissions requirements as high school graduates or GED recipients.
  • Dual Enrolled Students
    Dual enrollment at NMC is selective. High school students must qualify for dual enrollment and admission to NMC. To be considered for academic classes, prospective dual enrolled students must submit a high school transcript and do one of the following:
    1. Submit ACT reading score of 19 or higher and writing score of 18 or higher to NMC’s Admissions Office for review, or
    2. If you also want to take a college class that requires proficiency in math, you will need an ACT score of at least 21 or higher. This may qualify you for Intermediate Algebra or higher. All other math courses require COMPASS testing.
    3. Take NMC’s COMPASS Placement Test. For information on testing, please call the NMC Student Success Center at (231) 995-2134. After test scores are on file, students will receive an eligibility letter showing what classes they may be able to take and outlining additional steps in the dual enrollment process.

admissions forms »

Section Navigation Academic Programs
up arrowscroll bardown arrow