Instructions for using our SSLVPN from Off-Campus
- Log in with you NMCID and Password. You will be asked a series of questions about downloading and running processes. Answer yes to all questions.
- Once you have established a connection, you must keep your web browser open. If you close it, the connection is broken and you will need to log in again. Please Note: You will have to go through this routine each time you want to establish a secure connection.
- Once you are done, please make sure you click "Disconnect" on the SSLVPN page and wait for it to disconnect.
- The current SSLVPN solution does not work with Windows 8.x or or Apple Mavericks (OS X 10.9).
- To use Java Version 51 with the SSLVPN, you need to do the following:
- Go to Control Panel then open the Java applet and go to the Java Tab and click 'View'. This will provide you with information on the version of Java you are currently running.
- If you are on Java Version 51, next you need to go to the Security Tab in the Java applet.
- Click the 'edit site list' button and then click the 'add' button.
- In the 'location' area, enter EXACTLY: https://sslvpn.nmc.edu
- Click 'OK' to dismiss the 'site list' window.
- Click 'OK' to dismiss the java control panel window.
- Using Internet Explorer, as you go into SSLVPN you will be presented with a gray Java prompt regarding application has an expired certificate. Select the check box. Also select the optional checkbox to always run for this site. Select Run.
- Java should use Java Version 51 and if necessary, it will prompt you to use it. You should now be able to run Java Version 51 with the SSLVPN.
- If you have any problems with the service, be sure to go to Java.com and update to the latest version of Java.
- You may also want to switch browsers to troubleshoot a problem. For example, if you are using Internet Explorer, switch to using Google Chrome.
- Any data (i.e. Banner Student Data) you download from NMC must be saved to your S: or Q: drive using Netstorage.
- Please contact the NMC Technology Help Desk at (231) 995-3020 for further assistance.