Employee Assistance Program
Sarah McKisson, EAP Coordinator
Call for assistance: (231) 947-8387
Counseling is available in Traverse City, Cadillac, or other locations if requested.
Northwestern Michigan College offers an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Catholic Human Services, Inc., to all employees and their immediate family members to help with personal problems before they affect an employee's job. The EAP will do an initial assessment of the problems and refer the employee to the proper place for help. This service is provided in a private, confidential setting away from the work site and is free of cost to the employee.
Following are the basic services available to employees through the EAP:
- The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) of Catholic Human Services, Inc. will schedule and conduct assessments for all employees and their immediate family members of Northwestern Michigan College upon request.
- One to one and one-half hours will be provided for each assessment interview. The complete assessment will range from one to three hours. Each employee and/or immediate family member is entitled to up to three visits per issue, per year.
- EAP will provide a counselor for employee assessments on weekdays 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., and week nights by special arrangement.
- EAP will identify and evaluate local sources to which employees can be referred after the assessment interview. These sources will be evaluated for quality of service and cost effectiveness.
- EAP will monitor counseling and treatment services to which an employee has been referred to insure adequacy of care being provided.
- EAP will provide appropriate progress reports on individual referrals when requested by the College. The individual employee must sign authorization to release information in order to provide this report.
- EAP will maintain confidentiality of all clinical records and interviews according to both state and federal guidelines.
Once an employee is referred outside of the EAP offices for counseling and treatment services, the costs are covered by the employee's health benefit plan.
If you have any questions regarding the Employee Assistance Program, feel free to call Human Resources: (231) 995-1362.