Interlibrary Loan FAQ
What do I need to get an Interlibrary Loan?
- If you are an NMC student, faculty or staff, your NMC ID with barcode acts as your library card.
A library card may be obtained with a current driver's license at the library service desk for area residents.
What can I order?
- Materials (books, magazine articles, journal articles) the Osterlin Library does not own
- Materials owned by the Osterlin Library are unavailable, e.g. material is lost or being bound
How fast and easy is Interlibrary loan?
- The speed at which ILL request can be filled depends on the type of item requested
- Books usually take 4-10 days
- Articles can take 1-5 days, depending on the method of delivery
Some items are harder to borrow than others, due to some lending libraries' policies
- Videos, audio tapes and reference books are not often loaned
- Entire magazines and popular items such as bestsellers are usually not loaned
How do I order ILL books and articles?
Use the On-line ILL request form or request a form from the library service desk.
Does it cost anything to use ILL?
There is no cost to NMC students, faculty and staff for Interlibrary Loan services. Community members pay $3.00, plus any additional charges assessed by the lending library.
How can I speed up the process?
- Complete the Interlibrary Loan request form as completely as possible. We process all requests in the order in which we receive them.
- For magazine articles, include title of the magazine/journal, date, volume number and issue number, author of the article and title of the article.
- Do not guess at abbreviated magazine titles! If your source does not include the spelled-out title, include only what is shown.
Include the source of your citation in your request; this will be helpful if we need to do further checking
Include your e-mail address if you have one. Be sure that the item you need is not already available through the Osterlin Library. We may have the material physically on our shelves or via one of our research databases.
How will I be notified when my order comes in?
We will call you. If you include an email address, we will also send you a message.
Where do I get my ordered items?
All items may be picked up at the Service Desk in the Osterlin Library. If it's a journal article, we have the capability to email the article straight to your email address, if you provide us with an email address.
How long may I keep ILL items?
The length of time an item may be kept out is determined by the lending library, not by the Osterlin Library. Please honor the date specified in your item. Request needed items as far in advance as you can.
If you need to renew an item, please request this before the due date. You will be notified if the lending library has refused renewal, so that the item may be returned as soon as possible to them. Most articles do not need to be returned; copies are yours to keep, but must adhere to the copyright compliance.
Are fines charged on overdue ILL items?
Late return of Interlibrary Loan items jeopardizes our ability to borrow for you in the future. If Interlibrary Loan items are lost, you will be responsible for the lending library's charge. This may be greater than the charge for lost items at the Osterlin Library.
Are there any restrictions or limitations?
Lending libraries determine conditions regarding the use of their material. Limitations such as "For use in Library only" or "Copying not Permitted" must be honored.