Library Instruction Request Form
Tips for a Successful Session
- Contact the library at least two weeks prior to the session to reserve a room and talk with an instruction librarian and allow them to prepare for teaching.
- The library schedules as many as 200 classes each semester, so please contact us before you add library instruction to your syllabus.
- Schedule the session close to the time when students will actually need to be using the library. Make it relevant!
- Provide us a copy of the assignment and learning outcomes.
- Accompany your class to the library session and add your comments and questions.
To schedule a library session or find out what the library can offer your class, please complete and submit the following form or send an e-mail to to Instruction Librarian Ann Geht.
Note: Based on library staff schedules, we cannot guarantee that a particular staff member can provide instruction.
E-mail a copy of the assignment to Instruction Librarian Ann Geht.
"The Information Literacy Workshops provide my first-year composition students the opportunity to learn research skills and then apply them through hands-on activities. These resources and the staff's expertise are invaluable to my students."
--DIANNE OWENS, NMC FACULTY, ENGLISH COMPOSITION