Textbook Availability & Resources
Although we do not generally purchase textbooks, many instructors place copies of their required texts on reserve at the library. To see if we have your texts, search here.
We understand how expensive textbooks can be, so here are a few tips to help you save money.
BUY USED PRINT TEXTBOOKS
- Check NMC's Online Bookstore for used copies
- Ask your friends and classmates or join the NMC BookSwap Facebook page.
- Buy an older, less expensive edition if there are not significant content differences.
- Use a price comparison search engine for quotes on new, used, digital, rental, and international options. Use the ISBN number to find and compare the books.
RENT THE PRINT OR ELECTRONIC TEXTBOOK
- NMC’s Online Bookstore has rental copies of some textbooks.
- Rent a textbook from an online vendor like Amazon.com or Chegg.com. Just return them on time; fees are steep.
USE FREE EBOOKS
Some books (especially classic books) are available through these web sites.
For more ideas on how to save on textbooks:
Allen, Nicole. "College Textbooks Don't Need to Break the Bank: 10 Tips to Save You Money." The Huffington Post. TheHuffingtonPost.com, 22 July 2014. Web.