Textbook Availability & Resources
Due to the volume of textbook needs for all of NMC's classes, required textbooks for courses are not generally purchased by the Osterlin Library.
To see if we carry a particular book, check NMC's Library Catalog »
If we do not have a book, ask your instructor to consider putting materials in the Library's Reserve Collection »
We understand how expensive textbooks can be, so here are a few tips to help you save money.
BUY USED Print textBOOKS
- Be the first to the bookstore after you get your required class list.
- Check with friends and classmates.
- Consider older editions if there are not significant content differences.
- Check used book sellers online. Use the ISBN number to find and compare the books. (the links below open new browser windows.)
BUY or Rent the ELECTRONIC textbook
- Rent a text book at Chegg.com. Just return them on time; fees are steep.
- Try CourseSmart.com to buy the book in electronic format.
- Cengagebrain.com also allows you to rent books and chapters of books.
Free Sources of books
Some books (especially classic books) are available through free websites. Try one of these: