Off-Campus Access to Osterlin Library Resources
Remote Access to databases and research tools is available to all NMC students, all faculty, and staff through your NMC ID. Remote access to these services are not available to University Center or community patrons, but everyone is welcome to use resources by coming to the Osterlin Library.
For information on your NMC ID, contact the NMC Technology Help Desk at (231) 995-3020
To use this service, you will need your NMC ID from Systems and LAN Management. Please contact the NMC Help Desk at (231) 995-3020.
University Center and Community Patrons
For University Center and community patrons, please be aware that all Michigan residents may use the Michigan Electronic Library (MeL), which includes some access to online articles and books.
For technical support in using this service, please refer to the configuration or problem-solving information below.
If you have further technical problems, please contact the NMC Help Desk at (231) 995-3020.
For assistance on searching specific research databases (e.g. EbscoHost), contact the Osterlin Library Reference Desk (email) or via phone, (231) 995-1540. A Reference Librarian is usually available when the library is open and will be able to lend assistance.
Configuration or problem-solving information:
Please be aware that:
- Your internet browser should be configured to accept all cookies.
- Select the "OK" or "Yes" buttons for all messages about entering a secure area.
- If you experience problems accessing electronic resources from home, your anti-virus or Internet security software may need to be disabled while you use the databases.
- If you have problems accessing electronic resources from your work location, check with your network administrator to see if your computer is behind a firewall. The Library's remote access software may not be accessible via computers behind a firewall.
- There may be periodic downtime associated with the Proxy server that manages access to these databases and NoodleBib.
- An additional troubleshooting tip about NoodleBib:
- If you are having problems accessing NoodleBib, try accessing our databases (EBSCOhost, or Wilson Select) to see if you have access. If you can access the databases, then the NMC services are working properly; consult your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for further assistance.
- AOL and NetZero are ISP that have traditionally given remote users trouble. One AOL solution might be to: 1) Minimize the AOL page; 2) open a separate IE window and go back the library webpage and try to access the electronic resources in that new window.
If you require further assistance, please contact the NMC Help Desk at (231) 995-3020.