Sharpen your skills, get recertified and stay ahead of the curve through our professional development opportunities. These include classes for able seamen and others. We also offer one-day and two-day radar recertification courses.
To register, call the Great Lakes Maritime Academy at (877) 824-7447 or (231) 995-1200, or email Susan Denoyer at email@example.com.
You may view course descriptions here (PDF) »
Continuing Education Training Courses 2015–2016
ONE-DAY RADAR RECERTIFICATION
TWO-DAY RADAR REFRESHER
- Five-Day Unlimited Radar Observer (bring calculator & parallel rules):
August 24–28, 2015 or January 4–8, 2016. Course Fee: $700 (class minimum = 2, maximum = 9).
- Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS):
July 6–17, 2015. Course Fee: $1,400 (class minimum = 3, maximum = 12).
- Able Seaman (AB) & Proficiency in Survival Craft (PSC):
February 8–20, 2016, Course Fee Including Accommodation (double occupancy): $2,200 combined.
$925 PSC only (Feb 8–11). $1,375 AB only (Feb. 12–20). Class minimum = 8.
- Qualified Member of the Engine Department (QMED):
February 8–20, 2016, Course Fee Including Accommodation (double occupancy): $2,200. class minimum = 4.
- Electronic Chart Display and Information System (ECDIS):
July 20–24, 2015 +August 7–21, 2015 or March 26–30, 2016. Course Fee: $1,200.00.
(class minimum = 2, maximum = 6).
- Fast Rescue Boat (FRB):
August 11–14, 2015. Course Fee $950.00. Class minimum = 4, Maximum = 10.
- Classes require a minimum number of students and may be cancelled.
- Radar Recertification classes begin at 1000, all others at 0800 unless otherwise notified.
- Photo ID required.
- If taking a recertification course, must bring proof of prior certification.
- To register, call the Great Lakes Maritime Academy at (877) 824-7447 or (231) 995-1200, or
email Susan Denoyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Types of payment accepted once registered: credit card, check, cash or money order.
- Certified FCC Examiner, call for price.