Sharpen your skills, get recertified and stay ahead of the curve through our professional development opportunities. These include classes for able seamen and others. We also offer one-day and two-day radar recertification courses.
To register, call the Great Lakes Maritime Academy at (877) 824-7447 or (231) 995-1200, e-mail Susan Denoyer at email@example.com
You may view course descriptions here (PDF) »
Continuing Education Training Courses 2013–2014
ONE-DAY RADAR OBSERVER RE-CERTIFICATION
TWO-DAY RADAR OBSERVER REFRESHER
- Five-Day Radar Observer (Unlimited) (bring calculator & parallel rules):
Jan. 6–10, 2014 or Mar. 31-Apr 4, 2014. Course Fee: $650 (class minimum 3, maximum 9)
- Able Seaman (AB) & Proficiency in Survival Craft (PSC):
Feb. 10–22, 2014, Course Fee Including Accommodation (double occupancy): $2,200 combined.
$900 PSC only (Feb. 10 - 14). $1,300 AB only (Feb. 14 - 22)
- Qualified Member of the Engine Department (QMED):
Feb. 10 - 22, 2014, Course Fee Including Accommodation (double occupancy): $2,200
- Electronic Chart Display and Information System (ECDIS)
Aug. 12 - 16, 2013, Aug. 19 - 23, 2013, Dec. 14 - 18, 2013, May 5 - 9, 2014. Course Fee: $900
(class minimum 2, maximum 6)
- Classes require a minimum number of students and may be cancelled.
- All classes begin at 0800 unless otherwise noted.
- If taking a recertification course, must bring proof of prior certification
- All classes require picture ID (driving license, TWIC, MMD etc.)
- Types of payment accepted once registered: credit card, check, cash or money order