Sharpen your skills, get recertified and stay ahead of the curve through our professional development opportunities. These include classes for able seamen and others. We also offer one-day and two-day radar recertification courses.
To register, call the Great Lakes Maritime Academy at (877) 824-7447 or (231) 995-1200, or email Susan Denoyer at email@example.com.
For detailed information, please view the Course Descriptions PDF file.
Continuing Education Training Courses 2016–2017
ONE-DAY RADAR RECERTIFICATION
TWO-DAY RADAR REFRESHER
- FIVE DAY RADAR OBSERVER - UNLIMITED (bring calculator, parallel rules, and dividers):
Dates TBD Course Fee: $750 (class minimum* = 3, maximum = 8)
- GLOBAL MARITIME DISTRESS and SAFETY SYSTEM (GMDSS):
Dates TBD Course Fee: $1,400 (class minimum = 4, maximum = 12)
- ABLE SEAMAN (AB) & PROFICIENCY in SURVIVAL CRAFT (PSC-Lifeboat):
Dates TBD, Course fee includes accommodation (double occupancy), additional charge for single occupancy.
Course Fee for combined AB/PSC $2,400 - (PSC only Feb 13–17 $1,000) - (AB only Feb. 17–25 $1,500)
Without accommodations - Course fees: AB/PSC $1,850. PSC only $800, AB only $1,150
(Class minimum = 8, Maximum = 24 AB and 28 for PSC)
- QUALIFIED MEMBER of the ENGINE DEPARTMENT (QMED-FOWT):
Dates TBD, Course fee includes accommodation (double occupancy), additional charge for single occupancy
Course Fee: $2,400; without accommodations - course fee $1,850
(Class minimum = 6, maximum = 12)
- ELECTRONIC CHART DISPLAY and INFORMATION SYSTEM (ECDIS):
August 22–26, 2016; December 19–22, 2016, other dates TBD
Course fee: $1,300
(class minimum = 2, maximum = 6)
- FAST RESCUE BOAT (FRB):
Dates TBD Course Fee $1,050.00.
(Class Minimum = 4, maximum = 10)
- Classes require a minimum number of students and may be canceled.
- *RADAR Minimum class size is based on a combined total of 3 registered students for either 1, 2 or 5 days with 8 maximum allowed.
- Radar Recertification/Refresher classes begin at 1000, all other classes begin at 0800 unless otherwise notified.
- Photo ID required, MMC is preferred.
- If taking a recertification course, you must have proof of prior certification.
- Types of payment accepted once registered: credit card, check, cash or money order.
- Certified FCC Examiner for radio licenses, contact Capt. Biolchini at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and scheduling.