Sharpen your skills, get recertified and stay ahead of the curve through our professional development opportunities. These include classes for able seamen and others. We also offer one-day and two-day radar recertification courses.
To register, call the Great Lakes Maritime Academy at (877) 824-7447 or (231) 995-1200, or email Susan Denoyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may view course descriptions here (PDF) »
Continuing Education Training Courses 2015–2016
ONE-DAY RADAR RECERTIFICATION
TWO-DAY RADAR REFRESHER
- Five-Day Unlimited Radar Observer (bring calculator & parallel rules):
March 28 - April 1, 2016; June 27 - July 1, 2016. Course Fee: $700 (class minimum = 2, maximum = 9).
- Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS):
August 15 - 26, 2016. Course Fee: $1,400 (class minimum = 3, maximum = 12).
- Able Seaman (AB) & Proficiency in Survival Craft (PSC):
February 8–19, 2016, Course Fee Includes Accommodation (double occupancy): $2,200 combined.
$925 PSC only (Feb 8–11). $1,375 AB only (Feb. 12–19). Class minimum = 8, Maximum = 24 (28 for PSC).
- Qualified Member of the Engine Department (QMED):
(On Hold Until 2017) Course Fee Includes Accommodation (double occupany): $2,200.
Class minimum = 4.
- Electronic Chart Display and Information System (ECDIS):
May 31-June 4, 2016; August 22-26, 2016; and December 19-23, 2016. Course Fee: $1,200.00.
(class minimum = 2, maximum = 6).
- Fast Rescue Boat:
September 8 - 11, 2016. Course Fee $900.00.
Class Minimum = 4.
- Classes require a minimum number of students and may be cancelled.
- Radar Recertification classes begin at 1000, all others at 0800 unless otherwise notified.
- Photo ID required.
- If taking a recertification course, must bring proof of prior certification.
- To register, call the Great Lakes Maritime Academy at (877) 824-7447 or (231) 995-1200, or
email Susan Denoyer at email@example.com.
- Types of payment accepted once registered: credit card, check, cash or money order.
- Certified FCC Examiner, call for price.