Tasters' Guild Auction
TRAVERSE CITY — If you’ve got a foodie on your holiday shopping list, the perfect gift is now on sale: Tickets for the annual Tasters' Guild Auction, set for Feb. 28, 2014, at NMC’s Great Lakes Campus.
This annual event features a strolling dinner of international cuisine prepared by Great Lakes Culinary Institute students and served at more than a dozen tasting tables throughout the waterfront campus. Also featuring local, regional and international wines, guests have the opportunity to bid on a range of auction items that showcase some of the best of northern Michigan, including :
- Catered Blue Angels Air Show viewing party – Exclusive bayside seating in Lobdell's Restaurant for this highlight of the National Cherry Festival, featuring a special menu planned by staff and students
- Cherry Festival Finale Fireworks – Get front row seats in Lobdell’s Restaurant and enjoy food prepared by staff and students
- Summer Lobster Boil – on beautiful West Bay with all of the accompaniments
- Golf and ski packages
- Taste of Downtown Traverse City – tour the town and enjoy appetizers and glass of wine at four specialty restaurants
- May Morel Hunt – in a secret woods in Benzie County, followed by a gourmet dinner prepared with these little jewels
Tickets are $60 per person or $700 for a reserved table of 10. Doors open at 6:30 Feb. 28. Net proceeds of this benefit auction go toward academic scholarships, books and equipment for students. First held at the Park Place Hotel in 1994, the Tasters Guild Auction is the largest fund raiser for culinary students.
About the Great Lakes Culinary Institute at NMC: Designed to provide rigorous and concentrated study for students planning careers in the rapidly growing food service industry. The program's main emphasis is to prepare students for entry-level chefs and kitchen management positions. The Great Lakes Culinary Institute is accredited by the American Culinary Federation, one of fewer than 200 U.S. colleges to receive that distinction. Students are eligible to become ACF Certified Culinarians upon graduation.
Release date: December 2, 2013
For more information: