The new NMC FITNESS CENTER
Get fit, stay fit in the newly-renovated NMC Fitness Center located on main campus in the Physical Education Building, Room 206. A friendly, well-trained fitness staff is ready to help you reach your fitness goals.
Here's what you'll find:
- Cardio stations
- 13 Life Fitness strengthening machines
- Circuit training option
- New spin bikes
- Dumbbells and strength machines
- A fresh new look
- Refreshed locker rooms with showers
- Resourceful staff
For more information, call (231) 995-1379
NMC's open recreation hours allow you to join in pick-up games of basketball, volleyball, or indoor soccer. Outdoor facilities include an athletic field, softball diamonds, sand volleyball and basketball courts, and a frisbee/disc golf course.
A wide variety of Physical Education courses allow you to pursue personal interests, improve fitness, participate in sports or recreational activities, relieve stress, or earn additional credits. Two physical education credits may be taken as electives to satisfy the total number of Group 2 credits needed to fulfill Associate in Science and Arts degree requirements.
Physical Education courses are grouped as follows:
- Fitness Circuit, Yoga, Pilates, Aerobic Workout, Aerobic Dance, Step Aerobics, Lap Swim
- Winter Travel and Camping, Backpacking, Caving, Rock Climbing, Snowshoeing, Canoeing, Kayaking
- Volleyball, Basketball, Softball, Soccer, Weightlifting, Aikido, Tae Kwon Do, Kuntaw, Judo, Swing, Latin and Slow Dancing, Hip-Hop Dance
In addition to these credit courses, the Physical Education program offers non-credit recreational opportunities. For a fee, you may join the Health and Fitness Center, which is equipped with weight machines, exercise bikes, treadmills, stair climbers, elliptical trainers and ski machines. Intramural sports start in the fall with outdoor co-ed kickball and flag football and then move indoors in the winter with co-ed dodge ball, soccer, basketball and volleyball.
Most Physical Education credits will transfer to four-year schools in Michigan. Check with the Counseling office for requirements at specific schools.