Our new energy programs featured on TV 7&4.
NMC helps make LEED Habitat house possible.See a photo gallery of the house under construction »
Construction Technology - Plumbing Technology
- Advance skills or start a new career
- Attend class one night per week
- Maximum class size of 15 insures individual attention
Demand for skilled plumbers is expected to rise by 14 percent in northern Michigan during the next decade.
NMC’s plumbing technology program allows those already working in the field to advance their skills. The curriculum is also appropriate for those without previous experience.
- Building science labs for hands-on learning
- Learn from instructors experienced in industry
- Industry-designed curriculum aligned with national competency standards
- Financial aid available
Facilities and Equipment
Classes are held at NMC’s Aero Park campus.
Building science labs
- 1,200-0sq-ft structure provides real-world experience
- Equipped with heating and A/C system, electrical, plumbing, insulation diagnostics and a resource room for energy projects
Renewable energy labs, including
- Solar thermal system (hot water)
- Solar mobile lab
- 10 KW solar photovoltaic array
- Wind generation systems
- Geothermal installation
- Fuel cell
- Biodiesel/alternative fuel lab
Professional-grade tools used to construct, install, service and diagnose
- Thermal imaging camera
- Blower door tester
- Duct blaster
- Pressure gauges
Who should consider a career in plumbing technology?
- People who like working with their hands
- People who like solving problems
- People who like working outdoors
- People who enjoy working independently or are interested in starting their own business
- Service Technician
- Field Supervisor
- Sales Engineer
- Inside Sales Manager
- Distributor Sales
- Commercial contracting