Nursing ADN Admission Process - Non-Waitlist
Associate Degree Nursing Admission Process for New or Current Students Not on the Waitlist
New or current pre-nursing students: review the Health Occupations website for the ADN program criteria.
Applications for the nursing program admission are due by July 1 for spring semester (January) and February 1 for fall semester (August). To be considered for admission to the nursing program the student will:
- Follow the current NMC admission process – i.e. application, transcript, etc.
- Follow the competitive process as identified in the eligibility letter and/or e-mail sent by the Admissions Office. This letter and/or e-mail will include a link to the competitive process.
- Complete and submit all paper work by the due date (July 1 for spring semester and February 1 for fall semester). The link will close at the designated time and no further applications will be accepted.
Repeat classes: Any math and/or science class may only be repeated once. This includes fails, drops, or transferred classes. (Effective June 1, 2012)
- The first twelve (12) students will be admitted from the waitlist. Six (6) students for the face-to-face option and six (6) for the online option will be admitted each fall semester to equal the twelve (12) students. For the spring semester all twelve (12) students will be admitted to the face-to-face option.
- The second twelve (12) students will be admitted from those on the waitlist who applied for the competitive process. These students can select either the face-to face or online option in the fall semester until spaces in the specific option are filled. During spring semester, face-to-face is the only option available.
- The final twelve (12) students will be competitively admitted from those on the waitlist who applied for competitive admission and new students. If spaces are available, students can select either the face-to face or online option in the fall semester only. During spring semester, face-to-face is the only option available.
- Upon meeting eligibility criteria, all students will receive information and a link to the competitive process in their eligibility letter and/or e-mail from the Admissions Office. Students must complete and submit the requested information by the deadline listed in the letter and/or e-mail. The link will close at the designated time and no further applications will be accepted.
- Students not admitted to the nursing program must complete the competitive admission process each semester.
- If students decline the nursing program space, they must reapply the following semester.
- If two or more students are equally qualified, admission will be granted based on the date the student met the nursing program admission criteria. If there are still more students than spaces, the next criterion would be the date the student designated nursing as their intended major on their NMC application.
- If a space becomes available after the class has been admitted but before the semester begins, a student admitted to the subsequent semester will be offered the space. The vacant seat for the subsequent semester will be filled with a student from the waitlist.
- If a student is unable to progress but is eligible for readmission into the first semester of the nursing program, the student will be readmitted on a space available basis. The number of students admitted to a subsequent semester may be adjusted by decreasing the total number of students admitted the following semester. The group from which the readmitted student was initially admitted will be the group impacted by this decrease.