Nursing ADN Admission Process - Waitlist
Associate Degree Nursing Admission Process for Students on the Waitlist
Effective May 31, 2012 the current waitlist will close and no further students will be added. All students on the waitlist at this time will be admitted to the program according to their order on the waitlist and/or competitive process. A separate application is required for the competitive process. Application due dates for the competitive process are July 1 for spring semester and February 1 for fall semester. This admission process will remain in effect until all students on the current waitlist are admitted.
- The first twelve (12) students will be admitted from the waitlist Six (6) students for the face-to-face option and six (6) for the online option will be admitted each fall semester to equal the twelve (12) students. For the spring semester all twelve (12) students will be admitted to the face-to-face option.
- The second twelve (12) students will be admitted from those on the waitlist who applied for the competitive process. These students can select either the face-to face or online option in the fall semester until spaces in the specific option are filled. During spring semester, face-to-face is the only option available.
- Students on the current waitlist will receive a message in their NMC e-mail account in June for spring semester or January for fall semester. This is a message to remind interested students to apply for the competitive admission. There will be a link to apply with specific information needed to complete the application process. Students must complete the requested information by the deadline listed in the e-mail. The link will close at the designated time and no further applications will be accepted.
- The final twelve (12) students will be competitively admitted from those on the waitlist who applied for competitive admission and new students. If spaces are available, students can select either the face-to face or online option in the fall semester only. During spring semester, face-to-face is the only option available.
- If a student declines the nursing program admission, they will be removed from the waitlist and must follow the admission process for new students.
- If two or more students are equally qualified, admission will be granted based on the date the student met the nursing program admission criteria. If there are still more students than spaces, the next criterion would be the date the student designated nursing as their intended major on their NMC application.
- If a space becomes available after the class has been admitted but before the semester begins, a student admitted to the subsequent semester will be offered the space. The vacant seat for the subsequent semester will be filled with a student from the waitlist
- Students on the waitlist do not need to reapply for admission each semester. Students opting into the competitive admission process must reapply each semester.
- If a student is unable to progress but is eligible for readmission into the first semester of the nursing program, the student will be readmitted on a space available basis. The number of students admitted to a subsequent semester may be adjusted by decreasing the total number of students admitted the following semester. The group from which the readmitted student was initially admitted will be the group impacted by this decrease.