Nursing - Completion Program Map
- A physical examination and completion of the Certificate of Health documenting good mental and physical health is required prior to clinical course work.
- Criminal Background Checks are now required on all students entering the Associate Degree in Nursing and the Practical Nursing programs at NMC. This is due to the change in legislation that requires Criminal Background Checks be completed for certain health care institutions. The background check will be required by NMC upon admission to the program and prior to the beginning of the first course. The costs associated with this background check will be the sole responsibility of the nursing student.
- The Board of Nursing may deny a license for a previous felony conviction, previous treatment for drug or alcohol abuse or after finding the existence of one or more grounds for board action listed in 333.16221 of the Public Health Code, Act 368 of 1978.
- Clinical facilities have the right to accept or reject a student. This action could result in a student being delayed or unable to complete the nursing program. This decision may be made just prior to the clinical rotation.
- Nursing program tuition is charged by the contact hour.