Nursing Applicant Checklist
- New or former NMC students: Complete and submit the NMC Application for Admission – indicate either the Pre-Associate Degree Nursing program (950) or Pre-Practical Nursing program (951).
- Current students: Complete and submit the Change of Program Form (PDF) – change to either the Pre-Associate Degree program (950) or Pre-Practical Nursing program (951).
- Request official transcripts to be sent from any prior college/university to NMC Admissions Office (if not previously requested).
- Submit either ACT or COMPASS results, if needed: COMPASS is not needed if student received 19 or above in the reading, writing and math portions of ACT (math within last 5 years), or, prior English and math course taken at the college-level (math within last 5 years)
- Review the Health Occupations website for nursing program criteria.
- Transfer student from a Michigan college or university? Check how credits transfer to NMC at NMC Self-Service.
- Anatomy & Physiology courses beyond 5 year limit? If taken at NMC or transferred successfully, you may be eligible to take the competency. Please contact Margaret Fox, Health Occupations Office Manager, at (231) 995-1235 to schedule.
- Chemistry course beyond 10 year limit or taken at high school level? Contact the NMC Student Success Center at (231) 995-2134 to schedule chemistry competency.
- Have your NMC ID and Password? Contact the NMC Help Desk at (231) 995-3020 for assistance. Your NMC ID and Password are needed to log into your NMC Self-Service Account.
- Monitor your NMC Self-Service Account.
- Communications are sent to students via e-mails – for example: e-mail sent to NMC e-mail address reminding interested students to apply for competitive admission
- Associate Degree Nursing Program: submit application electronically by deadline date. Send any supporting documentation by the posted deadline date for next semester.
- Application Deadlines - ADN: Fall semester – February 1; Spring semester –July 1. (The online option of the nursing program is only available in the fall of each year.)
- Placement on the Practical Nursing waiting list determined by:
- Semester last prerequisite is met;
- Date application for admission was complete (date transcripts and/or test scores were received); or the date the change of program form was received.
- Students are notified by e-mail of possible admission in program in late February and late July.
Degrees & Certificates
- Nursing, Associate Degree (ADN) »
- Nursing, Completion (LPN to ADN) »
- Nursing, Practical (PN) »
- Online Nursing Option »
What you'll find at NMC
- Transfer courses, two-year associate degrees and professional certificates
- Online learning options
- Access to BA and advanced degrees through NMC's University Center
- Small classes, personal attention
- Scholarship opportunities
- Reasonable tuition
- Excellent academic reputation
- Dedicated faculty & staff
- On-campus housing options
Section Navigation Academic Programs