Become a Personal Trainer - ACE
Gain essential knowledge and practical skills to become an entry level fitness trainer. The course is based on materials from the American Council on Exercise (ACE) and designed to prepare you for the ACE certification exam as a personal trainer.
Use the links to the left for more information, including information on the ACE certification exam.
Through classroom and fitness center time, you will learn:
- guidelines for instructing safe, effective, and purposeful exercise
- essentials of the client-trainer relationship
- how to conduct fitness assessments
- how to design and implement appropriate exercise programming
When you successfully complete the course you will:
- be prepared to take the ACE national exam to become a certified personal trainer
- receive 3.6 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- have current CPR certification
- be ready for an entry-level job as a personal trainer
The American Council on Exercise (ACE) is the largest non-profit fitness organization in the world. Its widely accepted Personal Trainer Certification is an industry standard. An additional benefit of ACE certification is your continued access to long-term support and resources. NMC is listed as one of their campus training sites.
This course is available several times a year. It can be taken in a 15-week format for academic credit or non-credit and in a shorter 8-day format for noncredit.
Fall 2015 and Spring 2016 the course is a academic 15-week format, but can be taken for non-credit as well along side academic students. Contact the academic Instructor for more details, firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring 2016, non-credit only 8-day condensed course scheduled:
Thursday, May 19 through Thursday, May 26 (Times as follows)
Weeknights: 5-9 pm
Saturday & Sunday: 9 am - 3 pm
Physical Education Rm 202
Cost: $385 (does not include text exam)
Contact NMC EES at 995-1700 to register for course code 3522. For more specific details on the course, email the non-credit instructor, Zack Light at email@example.com.