Become a Personal Trainer - ACE
Gain essential knowledge and practical skills to become an entry level fitness trainer. The course is based on materials from the American Council on Exercise (ACE) and designed to prepare you for the ACE certification exam as a personal trainer.
Use the links to the left for more information, including information on the ACE certification exam.
Through classroom and fitness center time, you will learn:
- guidelines for instructing safe, effective, and purposeful exercise
- essentials of the client-trainer relationship
- how to conduct fitness assessments
- how to design and implement appropriate exercise programming
When you successfully complete the course you will:
- be prepared to take the ACE national exam to become a certified personal trainer
- receive 3.6 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- have current CPR certification
- be ready for an entry-level job as a personal trainer
The American Council on Exercise (ACE) is the largest non-profit fitness organization in the world. Its widely accepted Personal Trainer Certification is an industry standard. An additional benefit of ACE certification is your continued access to long-term support and resources. NMC is listed as one of their campus training sites.
Register now for the May Course
Meets 8 days, Code: 4037
Thurs., May 18 through
Thurs., May 25
Weeknights: 5-9 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Phys. Ed. Rm. 202
Instructor: Zack Light $399
Call (231) 995-1700 to enroll
This course is available several times a year. It can be taken in a 15-week format for academic credit or non-credit and in a shorter 8-day format for noncredit each spring.
NMC is excited to report that students from the May 2016 ACE Course are activley engaged in Personal Trainer roles at Planet Fitness in Traverse City, Grand Traverse Resort and Spa in Acme, and working with Senior Groups in the Central Lake area.