Festival of Foods
The annual event is Saturday, February 6, 2016
at the Hagerty Center
At Festival of Foods, you'll enjoy a day of demonstrations and food discovery. Hagerty Center, overlooking Grand Traverse Bay, is the place where area chefs and spedialty food businesses will be dishing up a whole lot of deliciousness. Each hour highlights four workshops—you select 4 of the 16 options to suit your interests. Returning chefs include Mickey Cannon (Tuscan Bistro Restaurant), Jonathan Dayton and Stephanie Wiitala (Black Star Farms), Eric Patterson and Jennifer Blakeslee (The Cook's House), and Cole Thornton (Hagerty Center).
Here is a sampling of new session choices:
- Discover a new twist on egg rolls with Chef Jen Bordine (Incredible Mo’s)
- Experience traditional food prepared in a less than traditional manner with Eddie and Dani Walker (Edany BLT)
- Relish favorite “spirited” recipes prepared by Chef Perry Harmon (Grand Traverse Distillery)
- Discover cheeses from around the world with Tina Zinn (The Cheese Lady)
- Add sweets, bread making, vegetarian options and much more for a wonderful day!