February 8, 2014
10 a.m.-3 p.m.
(9:45 a.m. check-in)
Oleson Center on
NMC's Main Campus (Maple Lot)
Registration code: 2328
call (231) 995-1700
Festival of Foods
Join us for this annual event
on Saturday, February 8, 2014
Enjoy a day of demonstrations and food discovery while NMC's culinary instructors, area chefs, and specialty food businesses strut their stuff. Each hour highlights four workshops in the Oleson Center kitchen and classrooms - you select 4 of the 16 options to suit your interests.
- Discover Chinese Crepes with Pete Peterson (Tapawingo Restaurant);
- Experience Gnocchi with author and chef Nancy Krcek Allen;
- Gain confidence cooking local without a recipe with Chefs Eric Patterson and Jennifer Blakeslee (The Cook’s House);
- Make homemade pasta and sauce with Chef Mickey Cannon (Tuscan Bistro);
- Explore Mediterranean-inspired flavors with chef Giorgio Lo Greco (PepeNero);
- Become familiar with lavender and its uses in the kitchen with Sonja Richards (Harbor View Lavender Farm);
- Sample sweets, treats, and spices demonstrated by Andi Pellicci (As You Dish);
- Try Fusion Cuisine with Chef Anthony Craig (Georgina's);
- Experience amazing vinegars and oils with Chef Andy (Fustini’s).
Knife skills, bread making, cheeses, coffee brewing, and much more round out the list of options.
Of course, there are plenty of tastings throughout the day!