Festival of Foods
The annual event was held Sat., February 7, 2015
at the Hagerty Center
At Festival of Foods, you'll enjoy a day of demonstrations and food discovery while NMC's culinary instructors, area chefs, and specialty food businesses strut their stuff. Each hour highlights four workshops -- you select 4 of the 16 options to suit your interests. Of course, there are tastings throughout! Discover why our culinary classes placed first in Traverse Magazine's Red Hot Best.
Here's a sample of the day:
- Fall in love with Mushroom Ragu with Mickey Cannon (Tuscan Bistro Restaurant)
- Experience a local farm breakfast with Chefs Jonathan Dayton and Stephanie Wiitala (Black Star Farms)
- Gain confidence cooking without a recipe with Chefs Eric Patterson and Jennifer Blakeslee (The Cook’s House)
- Make homemade pasta with Cole Thornton (Hagerty Center)
- Relish a discovery of chocolate with Jody Hayden of Grocer’s Daughter
- Experience amazing vinegars and oils with Chef Andy from Fustini’s
- Add knife skills, bread making, and much more, for a delicious day
Registration for next year's Festival of Foods will begin in November 2015.