Learn more about the IAF and the benefits of membership.
Learn about the Academic WorldQuest high school competition. More »
Learn more about upcoming lectures and view past presentations. More »
About the International Affairs Forum
The International Affairs Forum was founded in 1993 to educate and engage our community on global issues. Today, more than ever, it is essential that our community be prepared for success in a global society and economy. We are not alone in this emphasis: NMC’s Global Opportunities Fund and outreach initiatives, TCAPS' international education programs, the many businesses located here with a global reach, and our longtime supporters are our natural partners in the effort to help this region engage successfully in the world.
We were excited to use our 20th anniversary year to strengthen these partnerships through the launching of new initiatives aimed at students, businesses, and civic leaders, all who have the potential to lead local-global engagement.
The year culminated with a special 20th Anniversary Conference (June 5-6, 2014) devoted to what will be America’s most important relationship of this century — China.
The conference, “China Today: Competitor or Partner?”, explored business, cultural, educational, and social aspects of our region's engagement with the world's fastest growing economy. This event received support from NMC, the Dennos Museum Center, Traverse City Area Public Schools, The Economic Club of Traverse City, and the Traverse City Area Chamber of Commerce.
We will kick off another series in September. See our Lecture Series pages for more information on coming events.
- Family Member: $125. Includes 14 season lecture tickets, opportunity to purchase discounted tickets for the October 15 event, plus access to IAF and WACA news, travel opportunities and events!
- Single Member: $65. Same benefits as Family Member but includes 7 season lecture tickets rather than 14!
- Patron Member: $300. All Family Member benefits PLUS: Private dinner opportunity with speaker ($25 per person) and name recognition on lecture print and digital media materials!
- Silver Member: $500. All Patron Member benefits PLUS: opportunity to underwrite specific lectures!
- Gold Member: $1000. All Silver Member benefits PLUS: opportunity to attend exclusive meeting with speaker!
- Platinum Member: $2500. All Gold Member benefits PLUS: special recognition in all IAF materials!
October 15 Event: Special IAF Member advance priced tickets for the joint IAF-NWS event at the Opera House with author Sarah Chayes, Thieves of State: Why Corruption Threatens Global Security.