College for Kids
Summer 2016 classes – Ages 3-17
Kids love learning! The College for Kids classes at NMC are open to everyone and designed for children and teens age 3 to 17. We've got it all – art, music, science, technology, cooking, dance, outdoor adventures, and more. New classes begin each week, June 13 to August 12.
Summer Class Listings
- Ages 3-6 »
- Elementary »
- Middle and High School »
- All classes »
- View / print the ENTIRE CATALOG »
- Calendar of all classes (see pages 20-21 in the catalog) »
- One-week classes are offered each week, June 13 to August 12. 176 classes in all.
- Most classes are formatted in a week of four or five half days.
- The grade level with each class title is the grade your child will enter in Fall 2016.
- Use the 4-digit 'Code' or 'CRN' when registering.
- One of the eight weeks — 'Kids on Campus' July 18-22 — lets you choose morning and afternoon classes in the same location and students may stay for lunch for an additional $15.
- Registration continues throughout the summer. Early enrollment is encouraged as many classes fill quickly.
- GRASP Reading & Math at-home program runs June 18-August 13. Download the GRASP registration flier and enroll now »
- Check back for updates throughout the summer. Open classes and added options will be posted online.
Enrolling is easy – register now
- PHONE – (231) 995-1700
- ONLINE – Learn more about online registration »
- MAIL or FAX – download a registration form »
- IN PERSON – come to Extended Education in the north wing at NMC University Center in Traverse City. Map & office hours »
- Partial financial aid is available for families meeting low-income requirements — call (231) 995-1700 for a scholarship form. Awards typically cover one half the cost of each class, for a maximum of up to 3 classes per child (as funds allow).
- Enrich a child's life by donating to the College for Kids scholarship fund. Learn more »
- GRASP Reading and Math Program »
- Nature Classes »
- Children's Choir auditions »
- NMC Maps »
- Office directions »
Paid opportunity for age 16-20
Learn how to work with young children and get real-life job experience by becoming a teacher assistant for a week or two in College for Kids classes. Email Julie Doyal at email@example.com.