Energy and Construction
Check out the New Solar Career Map released by the Solar Instructor Training Network.
Thermography Training is offered periodically. If you would like to be notified when a class is coming up, send an email to email@example.com.
Register online for any class, or call NMC-EES at (231) 995-1700
Since 2001, Northwestern Michigan College has provided training in energy efficiency, construction technology, green building, and renewable energy. Our programs are affiliated with the Midwest Solar Instructor Training Network, the Midwest Renewable Energy Association, the Great Lakes Renewable Energy Association, and the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP).
Construction and Energy Facilities and Equipment
Building Science Lab:
- 1,200 sq. ft. structure provides real-world experience
- Equipped with heating and A/C system, electrical, plumbing, insulation diagnostics and a resource room for energy projects
Renewable Energy Labs:
- Solar thermal system (hot water)
- Grid Connected 3.6 KW Ground Mounted Solar PV
- Grid-connected, 8-kw Solar PV Array
- 10 KW Bergey Wind Generator located at the University Center on Cass Road
- Geothermal Training Systems
- Solar and Wind Training Systems
Generous donations from Patriot Solar for a ground mount solar racking system, and Renovo for a grid connected 3 kW inverter, make it possible to provide hands-on training using Michigan-made products.