Upcoming Solar Energy Courses
Introduction to Solar Electric Power
Friday, June 6, 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Aero Park Labs Bldg. Rm. 102
Solar Site Assessment
Thurs., June 12 & Fri., June 13, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Aero Park Labs Bldg. Rm. 101
Solar Photovoltaic Electric
Systems -- NABCEP Entry-Level
Mon., Aug. 18–Fri., Aug. 22, 8 a.m.–5:15 p.m.
Aero Park Laboratories Bldg. Rm. 102
$599 (includes text and materials)
For more info, call (231) 995-1701.
Energy and Construction
Since 2001, Northwestern Michigan College has provided training in energy efficiency, construction technology, green building, and renewable energy. Our programs are affiliated with the Midwest Solar Instructor Training Network, the Midwest Renewable Energy Association, the Great Lakes Renewable Energy Association, and the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP).
Thanks to generous donations from Patriot Solar for a ground mount solar racking system, and Renovo for a grid connected 3 kW inverter. These donations make it possible to provide hands-on training using Michigan-made products.
To register, call NMC-EES at (231) 995-1700
Construction and Energy Facilities and Equipment
Building science lab
- 1,200 sq. ft. structure provides real-world experience
- Equipped with heating and A/C system, electrical, plumbing, insulation diagnostics and a resource room for energy projects
Renewable energy labs including
- Solar thermal system (hot water)
- Grid Connected 3.6 KW Ground Mounted Solar PV
- Grid-connected, 8-kw Solar PV Array
- 10 KW Bergey Wind Generator
- Geothermal Training Systems
- Solar and Wind Training Systems