Supervisor's role in Safety & Health
Jan. 20, 8:30 a.m.–4 p.m.
Creating a Positive Safety Culture
Feb. 12, 8:30 a.m.–4 p.m.
Energy and Construction
Solar Electric Power
MREA solar site Assessment
Tile & Marble Installation
To register, call NMC-EES at (231) 995-1700
Since 2001, Northwestern Michigan College has provided training in energy efficiency, construction technology, green building, and renewable energy. Our programs are affiliated with the Midwest Solar Instructor Training Network, the Midwest Renewable Energy Association, the Great Lakes Renewable Energy Association, and the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP).
Construction and Energy Facilities and Equipment
Building science lab
- 1,200 sq. ft. structure provides real-world experience
- Equipped with heating and A/C system, electrical, plumbing, insulation diagnostics and a resource room for energy projects
Renewable energy labs including
- Solar thermal system (hot water)
- Grid Connected 3.6 KW Ground Mounted Solar PV
- Grid-connected, 8-kw Solar PV Array
- 10 KW Bergey Wind Generator
- Geothermal Training Systems
- Solar and Wind Training Systems
Thanks to generous donations from Patriot Solar for a ground mount solar racking system, and Renovo for a grid connected 3 kW inverter. These donations make it possible to provide hands-on training using Michigan-made products.