Energy and Construction
Interested In A Solar Energy:
Check out the New Solar Career Map released by the Solar Instructor Training Network.
Thermography Training coming in January
If interested, ask to get on our Thermography email list by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register for any class, call NMC-EES at (231) 995-1700
Since 2001, Northwestern Michigan College has provided training in energy efficiency, construction technology, green building, and renewable energy. Our programs are affiliated with the Midwest Solar Instructor Training Network, the Midwest Renewable Energy Association, the Great Lakes Renewable Energy Association, and the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP).
Construction and Energy Facilities and Equipment
Building science lab
- 1,200 sq. ft. structure provides real-world experience
- Equipped with heating and A/C system, electrical, plumbing, insulation diagnostics and a resource room for energy projects
Renewable energy labs including
- Solar thermal system (hot water)
- Grid Connected 3.6 KW Ground Mounted Solar PV
- Grid-connected, 8-kw Solar PV Array
- 10 KW Bergey Wind Generator located at the University Center on Cass Road
- Geothermal Training Systems
- Solar and Wind Training Systems
Thanks to generous donations from Patriot Solar for a ground mount solar racking system, and Renovo for a grid connected 3 kW inverter. These donations make it possible to provide hands-on training using Michigan-made products.
Midwest Renewable Energy Association (MREA) Solar Site Assessment Certificate Program
- November 18 - December 20
- Online through the MREA
Introduction to Solar Electric Power:
- Thursday, February 25, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Aero Park Labs Bldg. Room 101
- Instructor: Bill Queen
Solar Site Assessment Course
- 4 Weeks: Feb. 15 - March 13
- Instructor: Jenny Heinzen