North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) Training Announcement
Solar Photovoltaic Entry Level Training
Monday–Friday, August 24–28, 2015, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Instructors: Ced Currin and Mike Schmerl
For Details: Call (231) 995-1701
Energy and Construction
Michigan Builders License Preparation Online
- 60 Hour Builders Prelicense Course; learn more here »
To register, call NMC-EES at (231) 995-1700
Since 2001, Northwestern Michigan College has provided training in energy efficiency, construction technology, green building, and renewable energy. Our programs are affiliated with the Midwest Solar Instructor Training Network, the Midwest Renewable Energy Association, the Great Lakes Renewable Energy Association, and the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP).
Construction and Energy Facilities and Equipment
Building science lab
- 1,200 sq. ft. structure provides real-world experience
- Equipped with heating and A/C system, electrical, plumbing, insulation diagnostics and a resource room for energy projects
Renewable energy labs including
- Solar thermal system (hot water)
- Grid Connected 3.6 KW Ground Mounted Solar PV
- Grid-connected, 8-kw Solar PV Array
- 10 KW Bergey Wind Generator located at the University Center on Cass Road
- Geothermal Training Systems
- Solar and Wind Training Systems
Thanks to generous donations from Patriot Solar for a ground mount solar racking system, and Renovo for a grid connected 3 kW inverter. These donations make it possible to provide hands-on training using Michigan-made products.