Frequently Asked Questions
To provide students with the best array of choices, our online courses are sourced from three different providers. A few of the logistical details are different, depending on which course you choose.
'ed2go' online classes
- How do I register for Ed2Go courses?
Register online by following the links at our website.
- When do I pay for my course?
Pay by credit card when registering online, or click the "pay later" option when registering online and call the Extended Educational Services (EES) office at (231) 995-1700 to pay.
- Once I register for an Ed2Go course, how do I get started?
Once your registration is confirmed you will receive an email with login information, course requirements, and any reading material required for the course.
- What support is available?
Each course has its own “discussion board”. The instructor is active in responding to questions and monitoring the boards. Also, each course has access to a help section where multiple topics are can be addressed.
- How long do I have to complete my course?
Each course module is self-guided, so you work at your own pace. Access your lessons any time of day, any day of the week. Just complete the course by the end date (usually six weeks).
- How do I get the most out of each course?
Proceed through all 12 modules, do all of the recommended activities, read any supplemental material, complete the quiz at the end of each module, and complete the final exam. Each module will take approximately two hours to complete.
- Will I receive a certificate upon course completion?
Yes, if you can achieve a 75% or better score on the final exam, you can download your certificate.
'Ugotclass' online classes
- How do I register for UGotClass courses?
Registerthrough the EES office the same way you would with our regular in-person courses—via phone, mail, fax, online, or in person.
- Once I register for a UGotClass course, how do I get started?
Approximately one week before the course begins, you will receive an email with login information, course requirements, and any reading material required for the course.
- What happens if I have a technical issue with my course?
The information you receive to login and access your course will also contain information on solving technical or course-related issues. If you have difficulty with course access, you may also call the EES office to get assistance.
- How long are the courses?
- Each UGotClass course is four weeks in length.