Reception & Ceremony Information
Ballroom Reception Fee
- May 1 to October 31 – $2,500
- November 1 to April 30 – $1,250
- New Year’s Eve – $3,500
Reception items included in our room rental fee:
- Exclusively yours, no other Hagerty Center event will be taking place.
- Rental from 10 a.m. until midnight
- Ballroom & D space can be configured to accommodate your group size.
- Tables: 6’ round dinner, gift, place card, cake, 8 cocktails, DJ, candy, etc.
- Our standard chairs
- China, flatware & glassware
- Salt, peppers, sugar & creamer
- Standard white or ivory linens
- Colored napkins (your choice of stock color)
- 13” beveled mirror tiles
- Votive candle holders with tea light candles (3 or 4 depending on table count)
- Cutting and serving of your wedding cake
- Use of our Courtyard patio and chairs
- 2 Bartenders, 1 bar and all mixers
- Tasting Event, 1 per year, held in January; our brides, grooms and up to 4 guests will be invited to attend. Joining us are some of our favorite local vendors, such as florists, photographers, cake decorators, photo booth, and a DJ.
Food and Beverage Policies
- Policy requires use of Hagerty Center catering service.
- During our primary season, May through October, a spending minimum is required for food and beverage. The minimum is $5,000 for Friday receptions, and $7,000 for Saturday receptions. Special fees may apply to weddings hosted on New Year’s Eve.
- Dinner service selections such as Single Entrées, Dual Entrées, Combo Plates and Buffets are available between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- Children's Meals are available for ages 10 and under. The cost is $11 for a plated meal; if you choose a buffet option the cost will depend on your selections.
- Place card identifiers are required for dietary meals and all dual entrées.
- Main entrée selections are limited to 2. We can provide entrées to fill dietary needs in addition to your main selections.
- Final headcount and meal counts are required 5 business days before event.
- We allow you to bring in wedding cakes, pies, cupcakes, etc. They must be made in a commercial kitchen by a service licensed by the State of Michigan.
- Candy tables and favors must be pre-approved by Hagerty Center Director.
- The Michigan Liquor Control Commission requires a licensee to only serve alcohol purchased from a state approved distributor or vendor; therefore we cannot allow you or your guests to bring in your own beer, wine or liquor to serve at your event.
- Any alcohol found on the premises or parking lots will be confiscated and guest will be asked to leave.
- There is a $250 sales minimum for any type of bar service.
- We offer hosted, cash bars, or a combination of both options.
- Special Orders are subject to availability and require approval by the Hagerty Center Director.
Room Setup, Teardown and Decorating Policies
- You may arrive at 10 a.m. the day of your event; we will have the ballroom 90% set, a staff member will be placing napkins, spot vacuuming, washing windows, etc.
- A staff member will be in attendance when you arrive, they can provide some assistance in locating ladders, ceiling hooks, service carts or answering general questions.
- We would be happy to set the room with your specialty linen, table runners, chargers, etc. which needs to be delivered 3 days in advance to ensure proper timing for setting the room.
- Your facility fee does not include the use of our staff to decorate the room.
- Our staff will not be responsible for putting on chair covers or ties; we do recommend a linen service to handle that task for you.
- Your florist, family or friends who help decorate will be responsible for putting centerpieces on the tables.
- We allow paper lanterns, drapery, special lighting, and approved 3M tape for our ceilings and walls; we do have a 5lb maximum per ceiling hook.
- All candles must be contained in your decorations, open flames are not allowed.
- All decorations must be removed following your reception; exceptions may be made based on event schedule.
- We do not allow rice, confetti, glitter, sparklers, fireworks or floating sky lanterns.
- We do not require use of specific vendors; please see our preferred vendor list for professional services we highly recommend. We can handle this process (linens only) for you at an additional fee of 10% beyond the rental fee.
Room, Facility Usage, Fees and Policy
- According to Hagerty Center contract stipulations, any group serving alcoholic beverages requires security. The cost is $30 per hour, per officer. Receptions with 150 guests or more will require two officers, while receptions with less than 150 guests in attendance will only require one officer. The officers will be on location approximately 4 hours.
- You have the option to bring in your own specialty items for the reception, such as linens, tables, chairs, etc. By doing so, there will not be a reduction in the room rental fee. Any specialty items that you would like to bring in must be approved by your event planner.
- We do not have our own dance floor, which means that we rent them specifically for each event based on size and preference, the cost is not included in the rental fee for the facility. We order the dance floor for you, scheduling both the delivery and pick- up times. An 18x18 dance floor is $450 and the 21x21 is $600.
- We offer a vast array of A/V equipment that you may utilize for your event; the fees associated will depend on your exact event needs. We include a microphone, LCD projector and screen for slide shows lasting less than 20 minutes.
- All NMC properties are tobacco free; however, there is public smoking on the sidewalks near Front Street.
- A deposit equal to the rental is due 10 days when signing your contract.
- A final estimate for your event will be prepared 14 days prior to the reception.
- A payment equal to 90% of your estimated costs is due 10 business days before your event date. This amount will be listed on the bottom of your estimate with due date.
- Your original deposits will be applied to this estimate and the final invoice, which you will receive within a couple of weeks following your event.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express, check, money orders and cash.
- Final payments are due within 30 days of receiving your post event invoice.
Ceremony Fee – Courtyard or Rotary Hall
- May 1 to October 31 – $1,200
- November 1 to April 30 – Included in Reception Fee; special setup charges may apply
- New Year’s Eve – $1,200
Ceremony items included in our rental fee:
- Our Courtyard, overlooking West Grand Traverse Bay is a beautiful area to host an outside wedding ceremony.
- Rotary Hall will be used for your backup ceremony site if weather does not permit an outside ceremony.
- Setup and teardown of up to 200 chairs for your Courtyard Ceremony or approximately 110 chairs fit comfortably inside Rotary Hall
- Outdoor speakers
- Wireless microphones (3)
- Any tables if needed
We do not have specific rooms for changing on site; however, you may utilize our large restrooms on the lower level to put on your wedding dress or freshen up.
Ceremony rehearsal must be scheduled due to the many different events held daily here at the Hagerty Center.
Hagerty Center and surrounding areas make for some beautiful photos. If you would like to utilize the balconies, arrangements can be made with your event planner or our on-site event supervisors.
Please note that we do not host ceremonies on the back lawn or the neighboring beachfront.
Due to the many receptions we host, we do not offer stand-alone wedding ceremonies.
While attending both ceremony and reception at the Hagerty Center, we ask that you and your guest refrain from going into other parts of the Great Lakes Campus.
A deposit equal to that of your ceremony fee will be due when signing your contract.