2012 Scholarship Dinner Menu - A Taste Of Italy
- Char-Grilled Gulf Shrimp wrapped with Serrano ham and presented on rosemary skewers.
- Oven Roasted Lamb Lollipops rubbed with fresh herbs and olive oil chargrilled then crusted with Dijon mustard
- Caprese Skewers baby mozzarella, grape tomato, and fresh basil. Presented with balsamic creme'
- Roasted Vegetable Tartlets topped with shredded Asiago
- First course
- Assorted cured meats creations from Chef Bob Rodriguez' Garde Manger class
- Second Course – Soup
- Ribollita: carrot, tomato, spinach, cannellini beans and pancetta in roasted chicken stock. Finished with shredded parmesan
- Third Course – Salad
- Shaved Fennel Arugula Salad with white balsamic vinaigrette, rosemary sourdough crostini
- Fourth Course – Fish
- Salmone Dragoncello: Sauteed Atlantic salmon flambe with brandy then simmered with cream, fresh tarragon and artichoke hearts
- Fifth Course – Meat
- Short Ribs alla Genovese roasted cipolline, rapini and roasted tomatoes, porcini risotto, natural jus
- Sixth Course – Dessert
- Roasted pears with honey, fresh bay leaf, Greek yogurt, amaretto and sliced almonds
Can't wait for the next culinary event?
Sign up for the culinary newsletter to be notified of upcoming events. Sign up »
Lobdell Culinary Scholarship Dinner
Lobdell's: A Teaching Restaurant again hosted the Wayne and Terry Lobdell Culinary Scholarship Dinner on Friday, Sept. 13.
Now in its ninth year, the dinner event has awarded more than $80,000 in scholarships to local students.
“Providing scholarship funding for students at the Great Lakes Culinary Institute is a very rewarding experience for Terry and me,” Wayne Lobdell said. “I am well aware of the importance and need to continue to develop more people in the culinary field. The hospitality industry is stable and growing and has many opportunities for motivated and skilled culinary students. Terry and I enjoy receiving letters from those we have helped launch their careers through scholarships. These scholarships are made possible by the supporters who attend these scholarship dinners, and the dinners give us a chance to enjoy watching the students perform their skills.”