NMC Transfer Guide - MACRAO

To: Central Michigan University - Main Campus

Program: Dietetics

Completion of this program satisfies the academic requirements of the American Dietetics Association for the Dietetics Program. After program completion, students are able to apply for dietetic internships. Graduates who have successfully completed an accredited dietetics internship are eligible to take the CDR registration examination for dietitians.

Due to the nature of this program, a student may consider completing MACRAO, speech and math, and transferring without the Associate degree. If an Associate degree is desired, it is important to pick a minor and work on as many requirements for that minor as possible. Consult with Advisors at NMC and CMU for assistance in course selection and minor selection. Courses for a minor may be used for your General Education.


  1. Admission Requirements - 3.0 GPA. Courses need to have a 2.0 to transfer to CMU.
  2. Transfer students must complete graduation competencies for CMU (Eng 111, 112; Com 111; Mth 111) at NMC or they will be required to complete these classes during their first or second semester at CMU.
  3. It is important to contact a CMU Advisor early in your academic career.


Completion of Basic Requirement courses at NMC will satisfy the MACRAO Agreement and fulfill CMU's general requirements.



ENG 111, 112

English Composition



Select 8 Group 1 Humanities credits from more than 1 department »


MTH 131

Probability and Statistics


BIO 208



(BIO 208 has a prerequisite of any 100 level Biology course. Consider Human Bio - BIO 106)

BIO 227, 228

Anatomy and Physiology I & II


(At CMU, students may either take Mammalian Physiology, 4 credits, or Human Anatomy and Physiology, 8 credits. If planning on meeting this requirement at NMC, students must take both BIO 227 & 228.)

BIO 240

Clinical Nutrition (BIO 227 strongly recommended first. If not planning on taking A&P at NMC, consider taking nutrition at CMU)


Choose 1 of the following Chemistry options:

1. CHM 101

Introductory Chemistry


CHM 342 at CMU

Survey of Organic Chemistry


CHM 150 & 151

General Chemistry I & II


CHM 250 & 251

Organic Chemsitry I & II


(Mammalian Physiology calls for one full year of college chemistry, however, we have been advised that CHM 101 may be adequate. If you plan on going on to Graduate school, a full year of chemistry is recommended.)

Social Science

Select 8 Group 1 Social Science credits from more than 1 department »




COM 111

Public Speaking


MTH 111

Intermediate Algebra


Northwestern Michigan College does not assume final responsibility for the accuracy of information on this guide. The final responsibility for the successful transfer of classes suggested on this guide rests with you and the institution you plan to transfer to. It is strongly recommended that you visit the institution as early in your academic career (prior to transfer) as possible.

Updated: Fall 2016

Section Navigation Academic Programs
up arrowscroll bardown arrow