International Services and Service Learning supports the creation, development and facilitation of programs, activities, study abroad opportunities, intercultural exchanges and events which will prepare our learners with a foundation to create a broader understanding of the world in which we live.
As part of NMC’s Global Awareness initiative we offer opportunities in the following areas for short-term (less than three week) opportunities abroad. Each of these has different criteria and may be associated with different programs.
- Austria: Humanities - led by Jim Bensley, June 19–July 10, 2016
- Brazil (Curitiba): Social Work – led by Lisa Blackford, May 7–17, 2016
- Brazil (Curitiba): Dental Assistant - led by Alison Collins, May 7-17, 2016
- Costa Rica: Water Studies and Applied Plant - led by Constanza Hazelwood, May 22–June 5, 2016
- Ecuador: Business and Spanish Language - led by Sue DeCamillis, May 6–16, 2016
- Germany: Construction Technology – led by Dan Goodchild, May 5–17, 2016
- Germany/Switzerland: Culinary Arts - led by Fred Laughlin, May 11–21, 2016
- Greece: Humanities - led by Mella McCormick, May 9–20, 2016
- Guatemala: Early Childhood Education - led by Cheryl Bloomquist, March 25–April 5, 2016
- Russia: Humanities and Social Science - led by Oksana Marchenko, May 3–17, 2016
- South Africa: Nursing - led by Laura Schmidt, May 2–15, 2016
Funding for opportunities can be accessed in a number of ways. The Global Opportunities Fund Scholarship is a scholarship available to NMC students and faculty. View, fill out and print the PDF form here »
NMC has developed partnerships with the following international organizations. These associations will allow NMC to participate in the following cross cultural experiences: Faculty exchange, internships and study abroad. The list of partners will be updated as further developments are finalized and agreements are defined.
- Earth University (Costa Rica) »
- IIAE Dehradun (India) »
- Peoples Friendship University (Russia) »
- University of Hertfordshire (UK) »
- University of West England (UK) »
- London Metropolitan University (UK) »
- Yellow River Conservancy Technical Institute (China) »
- Huanggang Polytechnic College (China) »
The Office of International Services and Service Learning hopes to continue to expand intercultural connections for students enrolled on our campuses. To this end we are partnering with a variety of programs to arrange presentations, experiences and events that have a global focus. The following links are excellent sources for scheduled opportunities: