april 10 picnic under the pines
Wondering WHO Rorke is or what you might be agreeing with him about? Find out by joining the Muster Project mentors and Rorke at the picnic under the pines April 10.
From 11 a.m. till 2 p.m. on the green outside East and West Halls, join the Muster Project mentors for games on the lawn, free food and mocktails and the chance to meet Rorke, himself, and ask him the big question!
The Muster Project
Welcoming new students and giving them the opportunity to connect with those who've been on campus for awhile is the goal of The Muster Project. This new approach to acquainting new students with life at NMC before the semester starts offers the following:
- Two or three-day sailing experiences on Champion, a beautiful 40’ sailboat
- Mentoring by a second-year student
- Follow-up pizza parties to stay connected
- Free membership to the Maritime Heritage Alliance »
Who can participate?
Any NMC student can participate. Participants must be students at NMC who plan to attend in Fall 2013 and Spring 2014.
The focus area for students are to meet one of these criteria:
- ACT score of 15-20
- Test into a developmental course (MTH 06/08-23 or ENG 97-108)
- Referral from a school counselor
- Living in NMC residence halls during Fall 2013
- In Foster Care during their final year of high school
- Experienced a major life event within the past year (parent divorce, death of a family member, etc.)
- School counselors may refer students with their permission
- Students may sign themselves up for the program
To Sign Up For The Muster Project
- Start here (opens new window) »
- Click on NMC Self-Service and log in into your account
- Click Registration Menu
- Click Orientation Registration
- Select semester and click submit
- Choose dates to go sailing with The Muster Project!
The Muster Project is a program sponsored by the NMC Student Life Office and The Maritime Heritage Alliance.
Questions? Contact Joseph R. Sanok, NMC counselor, at (231) 995-1118 or email@example.com.