Make your meetings more productive, improve task accomplishment and increase results. In an interactive, fast-paced format, you will learn how to build an effective agenda, to use a variety of tools to accomplish your objectives, and to deal with difficult meeting behaviors like getting off tract or dominating. You will also learn techniques to manage conflict and build consensus. At the end of the training session you will be able to:
- Identify how to facilitate effectively when you have a stake in the outcome
- Use "Plan, Do, Check, Adjust" to continuously improve meeting effectiveness
- Develop an effective meeting plan
- Use effective processes and tools to accomplish the agenda
- Evaluate meetings for continuous improvement
- Deal with difficult behaviors in meetings such as sidebar conversation and dominating personalities
- Use tools to diffuse conflict and build consensus
- Manage change effectively
Facilitated team building
Improve team effectiveness by clarifying your team's core purpose, customer focus, understanding and accountability. Identify team strengths and where to focus professional development activities. This training is targeted toward teams or work groups that want to improve their effectiveness through systematic change within their group.
Facilitating skills for boards
Increase the effectiveness of board meetings as well as build consensus within the organization and community. This training is designed for leaders/members of governmental, non-profit, or other community boards who wish to improve their ability to make meetings more productive, reduce meeting time, gather public input effectively, improve task accomplishment and increase results. This training can be customized to address the specific needs of your organization.
NMC Training staff can facilitate a wide variety of meetings, including strategic planning, business meetings or public forums.