We offer a variety of different types of training to help all your teams operate more effectively.
Effective Team Fundamentals
Purpose of Training: Equip individual staff members to be effective team members.
Target Participants: Any front line or non-supervisory employees that work in teams.
Objective: Provide participants with fundamental skills that enable them to work effectively with others. All classes are 3-4 hour modules.
- Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team
- Effective Communication: Listening Skills
- Effective Communication: Feedback Skills
- Effective Meetings
- Understanding Yourself and Others through DiSC
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Managing Conflict Effectively
- Delegating Effectively
- Managing Multiple Generations
Workgroup Team Effectiveness
Purpose of Training: Enable a current functional team to work together more effectively.
Target Participants: Members of an intact team that is currently struggling to be effective.
Objectives: Start team down the path to effectiveness by exploring the five behaviors of a cohesive team and identifying strategies to achieve them.
- Overview of the book, The Five Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni
- Understanding yourself and others through the use of DiSC workplace behavioral styles
- Effective communication including listening and feedback skills
- Problem solving and continuous daily improvement systems
- Managing for daily effectiveness through the use of metrics, visual management, and regular checks
Executive Leadership Team Effectiveness
Purpose of Training: Equip your organization’s executive leadership team to work effectively and cohesively to achieve the organization’s mission.
Target Participants: Members of the executive leadership team.
- Each person will complete an online team assessment and receive a personalized report of both the team results and how they can contribute with the team most effectively.
- Assess your team along each of the five behaviors of a cohesive team: trust, healthy conflict, commitment, accountability, and focusing on results.
- Develop concrete action plans to address your team’s opportunities for improvement.