Great Lakes ~ Great Chefs Dinner
Friday, November 11, 2016
Join us for a great night of food and wine presented by the Great Lakes Culinary Institute and Superior Foods. The evening begins with sparkling wine and a raw bar on the Great Lakes Campus catwalk, then moves to Lobdell's: A Teaching Restaurant for five amazing courses and a spectacular view. Guest chefs working in collaboration with GLCI students include Travis Murdock (Superior Foods), Nick Battista (Hotel Indigo), Joe George (LochenHeath), Jason McClellan (Bronson Hospital Systems), James Bloomfield (Alliance), and DJ Flynn (Stafford's Hospitality).
Tickets can be purchased online or by calling (231) 995-1021.
Proceeds from this event will be used to bring talented chefs and others from the culinary world to the Great Lakes Culinary Institute to teach and work side by side with students.
Superior Foods Company
Wines Presented by:
Order Tickets Now
- Date: Friday, November 11
- Time: Reception 6 p.m. (Sparkling wine and raw bar on catwalk); Dinner 7 p.m. (Five courses in Lobdell's: A Teaching Restaurant)
- Location: Great Lakes Culinary Institute on NMC’s Great Lakes Campus (715 E Front Street, Traverse City)
- Cost: $95 per person
- Meal: Five courses plus raw bar, wine included
- Chefs: GLCI alumni Nick Battista (Hotel Indigo), Jason McClellan (Bronson Hospital Systems), and James Bloomfield (Alliance), as well as Joe George (LochenHeath) and DJ Flynn (Stafford's Hospitality)
Can't Wait For The Next Culinary Event?
Sign up for the culinary newsletter to be notified of upcoming events. Sign up »
The 2014 version of this special annual event was a unique opportunity to observe Great Lakes Culinary Institute students and instructors learning authentic Chinese cooking techniques from Chef Candice Lee. Lee and the students were joined by Chef Harlan “Pete” Peterson, former owner and chef of the legendary Tapawingo restaurant in Ellsworth.