NMC Transfer Guide

To: Central Michigan University - University Center

Program: BS Degree with a major in administration

The Bachelor of Science with a major in Administration degrees provides students with a solid foundation in general education, broad preparation in administration and the development of specialized expertise in one of four areas:

  • Organizational Administration
  • Industrial Administration
  • Guest Service Administration
  • Service Sector Administration

Graduates of the program may find employment opportunities in marketing, customer services, accounting, production, human resources, information systems and other management areas in private industry. In addition, the BS degree can be followed up with graduate study in public health, general or human resources administration, or with legal or criminal justice graduate work.

Important note: This degree is no longer available through the University Center, however a student could complete this entire degree via the web. While specific classes will no longer be held in Traverse City, the office at the University Center would be an excellent contact point for students interested in working on the web.


You must complete 124 semester hours of credit including general education and graduation requirements for CMU. The MACRAO agreement will meet general education requirements for CMU. (See an NMC counselor for details) Within the 124 semester hours of credit, you must complete 12 hours of prerequisite courses, 18 hours of core courses, 18 semester hours of concentration courses and additional elective courses and at least 30 semester hours of study from CMU. You may earn credits through transfer (a total of 64 credits can be used from a community college), College Level Examination Program or through work and life experience. It is possible to earn up to 60 semester hours of credit for learning gained outside the academic setting. Central Michigan advisors will determine which transfer credit is acceptable from any 2 or 4 year institution, explain which CLEP testing is possible, and provide information on the Life Experience credit.

Contact Person:
(231) 995-1755


ECO 201, 202

Macro and Micro Economic


MTH 131

Probability and Statistics


ACC 121, 122

Accounting Principles


Additional core courses will be provided by CMU or their designate. General Education, and graduation requirements must be met for graduation. Some of those courses may be completed through NMC. See an advisor for assistance.

Northwestern Michigan College does not assume final responsibility for the accuracy of information on this guide. The final responsibility for the successful transfer of classes suggested on this guide rests with you and the institution you plan to transfer to. It is strongly recommended that you visit the institution as early in your academic career (prior to transfer) as possible.


up arrowscroll bardown arrow