NMC Employee Wellness Archives
Employee Wellness Monthly Newsletter Archives
- February 2016 – Hobbies – The dark days of February are a perfect time to channel your creative juices and develop a hobby. Hobbies let you explore interests outside of your line of work. They let you be creative and try all kinds of new things.
- January 2016 – Resolutions – Unfortunately most resolutions are broken before February 1st. Why? One of the main reasons is because the goals are often too vague or too unrealistic. It takes a lot more than wishful thinking to make those lofty New Year’s resolutions stick.
- December 2015 – Eating healthy around the holidays – Even the most disciplined, health conscious person can fall off the wagon and pack on pounds when holiday stress strikes. Here are some strategies to fend off holiday bulge and still enjoy the season.
- November 2015 – Healthy Fall recipes – Recipes that transform fall favorites into tasty heart healthy meals.
- October 2015 – Explore the Great Outdoors– Fall is a great time to get outside and enjoy our local parks and hiking trails.
- September 2015 – Get Happy – Exercise your way to well-being– Identify what you enjoy doing, set reasonable goals, analyze your barriers, prepare for setbacks and obstacles.
- August 2015 – Rest, Relaxation and Meditation– Incorporate some simple rest and relaxation practices into your busy schedule such as taking a walk, eating lunch someplace pleasant, reading something out loud, looking at something green or going for a swim.
Employee Wellness Lunch & Learn Presentation Archives
- Basic Bike Maintenance
- How to Make Easy Meals at Home
- Best Kept Secret to Losing Weight and Lowering Cholesterol
- Feeling Better: Strategies for Improved Mental Wellness at Work & at Home
- Eat Well: There's An App for That!
- NMC Employee Wellness YouTube Channel (Archived Live Presentations)
Monthly Mini Challenges
Keep track of the number of days you were able to reach your sleep goal and submit your total. Due: March 4
Create a vision board to help you stay focused and attain your 2016 goals. Due: February 4.
Try the 31 day plank challenge by Fitness Magazine or record what you ate and describe how you felt after. Due January 8, 2016
Send in your favorite fall comfort food recipe and win an Oryana gift certificate. Due December 4.
Take the What Kind of Hiker Are You Quiz. Due November 6.
Take the Oxford Happiness Questionnaire. Due October 5.
Set aside 5–10 minutes during your work day to practice rest and relaxation. Track the number of days you are able to practice and report your total. Due September 4.