NMC Employee Wellness Archives
Employee Wellness Monthly Newsletter Archives
- July 2015 – National Water Safety Month; Keep your day at the beach safe by being aware of your surroundings and taking precautions to avoid potential hazards. Practice water safety by making sure everyone in your group learns how to swim or wears a life jacket.
- June 2015 – National Skin Cancer Prevention Month; Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in the United States. Take simple steps to prevent skin cancer by slipping on a shirt, slopping on sunscreen, slapping on a hat or wrapping on sunglasses.
- May 2015 – National Pet Month; Celebrate the benefits and responsibilities of caring for a pet. Raise awareness of the role of veterinarians and the value of service animals. Desk stretches for your torso and exercises for the legs
- April 2015 – Earth Day Month; Attend a festival or parade celebrating Earth day. Reduce waste, reuse items, and recycle spent items. Cook at home to reduce waste and pack leftovers for lunch. Desk stretches for your legs and thighs
February 2015 - Sleep on it; Adequate sleep is another step you can take to combat serious health issues. Desk stretches for hands, wrists and forearms
EMPLOYEE WELLNESS LUNCH & LEARN PRESENTATION ARCHIVES
- Basic Bike Maintenance
- How to Make Easy Meals at Home
- Best Kept Secret to Losing Weight and Lowering Cholesterol
- Feeling Better: Strategies for Improved Mental Wellness at Work & at Home
- Eat Well: There's An App for That!
- NMC Employee Wellness YouTube Channel (Archived Live Presentations)
Visit realage.com and complete the online survey to determine your real age. Due August 5.
This month our employee wellness program mini challenge is about getting outside to either walk/run a mile or bike five miles. Due July 3.
Get outside and walk with or without a furry friend. Due June 5
Your challenge for April is to conserve Earth's resources and save money by packing your lunch. Due May 6
Eat 2-3 cups of vegetables and 1 1/2 – 2 cups of fruit each day.
Commit to get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night during the month of February (and beyond).