NMC Employee Wellness Archives
Employee Wellness Monthly Newsletter Archives
- September 2015 – Get Happy – Exercise your way to well-being; Identify what you enjoy doing, set reasonable goals, analyze your barriers, prepare for setbacks and obstacles.
- August 2015 – Rest, Relaxation and Meditation; Incorporate some simple rest and relaxation practices into your busy schedule such as taking a walk, eating lunch someplace pleasant, reading something out loud, looking at something green or going for a swim.
- July 2015 – National Water Safety Month; Keep your day at the beach safe by being aware of your surroundings and taking precautions to avoid potential hazards. Practice water safety by making sure everyone in your group learns how to swim or wears a life jacket.
- June 2015 – National Skin Cancer Prevention Month; Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in the United States. Take simple steps to prevent skin cancer by slipping on a shirt, slopping on sunscreen, slapping on a hat or wrapping on sunglasses.
- May 2015 – National Pet Month; Celebrate the benefits and responsibilities of caring for a pet. Raise awareness of the role of veterinarians and the value of service animals. Desk stretches for your torso and exercises for the legs
- April 2015 – Earth Day Month; Attend a festival or parade celebrating Earth day. Reduce waste, reuse items, and recycle spent items. Cook at home to reduce waste and pack leftovers for lunch. Desk stretches for your legs and thighs
EMPLOYEE WELLNESS LUNCH & LEARN PRESENTATION ARCHIVES
- Basic Bike Maintenance
- How to Make Easy Meals at Home
- Best Kept Secret to Losing Weight and Lowering Cholesterol
- Feeling Better: Strategies for Improved Mental Wellness at Work & at Home
- Eat Well: There's An App for That!
- NMC Employee Wellness YouTube Channel (Archived Live Presentations)
Take the Oxford Happiness Questionnaire. Due October 5.
Set aside 5-10 minutes during your work day to practice rest and relaxation. Track the number of days you are able to practice and report your total. Due September 4.
Visit realage.com and complete the online survey to determine your real age. Due August 5.
This month our employee wellness program mini challenge is about getting outside to either walk/run a mile or bike five miles. Due July 3.
Get outside and walk with or without a furry friend. Due June 5
Your challenge for April is to conserve Earth's resources and save money by packing your lunch. Due May 6