NMC Employee Wellness Archives
Employee Wellness Monthly Newsletter Archives
- May 2015 – National Pet Month; Celebrate the benefits and responsibilities of caring for a pet. Raise awareness of the role of veterinarians and the value of service animals. Desk stretches for your torso and exercises for the legs
- April 2015 – Earth Day Month; Attend a festival or parade celebrating Earth day. Reduce waste, reuse items, and recycle spent items. Cook at home to reduce waste and pack leftovers for lunch. Desk stretches for your legs and thighs
February 2015 - Sleep on it; Adequate sleep is another step you can take to combat serious health issues. Desk stretches for hands, wrists and forearms
- January 2015 - Benefits of Breakfast; Studies have found that eating a balanced breakfast raises your metabolism and reduces binge eating.
- June 2014 – 9 Surprising Ways to Protect Your Skin; Travel Tips & Products for Summer; Get Points for Everyday Activities; Healthy Summer Snacking; First-Aid Checklist for Summer Camping
EMPLOYEE WELLNESS LUNCH & LEARN PRESENTATION ARCHIVES
- Feeling Better: Strategies for Improved Mental Wellness at Work & at Home
- Eat Well: There's An App for That!
- Eat Well: Healthy Holiday Eating Guide
- Be Active: Indoor Fitness
- NMC Employee Wellness YouTube Channel (Archived Live Presentations)
Get outside and walk with or without a furry friend. Due June 5
Your challenge for April is to conserve Earth's resources and save money by packing your lunch. Due May 6
Eat 2-3 cups of vegetables and 1 1/2 – 2 cups of fruit each day.
Commit to get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night during the month of February (and beyond).
Keep track of the number of days you had a healthy balanced breakfast during the week.
This month, our employee wellness program mini challenge is all about being part of a community!