NMC Employee Wellness Archives
Employee Wellness Monthly Newsletter Archives
- April 2015 – Earth Day Month; Attend a festival or parade celebrating Earth day. Reduce waste, reuse items, and recycle spent items. Cook at home to reduce waste and pack leftovers for lunch. Desk stretches for your legs and thighs
February 2015 - Sleep on it; Adequate sleep is another step you can take to combat serious health issues. Desk stretches for hands, wrists and forearms
- January 2015 - Benefits of Breakfast; Studies have found that eating a balanced breakfast raises your metabolism and reduces binge eating.
- June 2014 – 9 Surprising Ways to Protect Your Skin; Travel Tips & Products for Summer; Get Points for Everyday Activities; Healthy Summer Snacking; First-Aid Checklist for Summer Camping
- May 2014 – 10 Conditions Women Need to Know About; Women's Health Online Resource Center; Simple Steps to Clear, Glowing Skin; Calories Burned Calculator; Act to Prevent Cervical Cancer
EMPLOYEE WELLNESS LUNCH & LEARN PRESENTATION ARCHIVES
- Feeling Better: Strategies for Improved Mental Wellness at Work & at Home
- Eat Well: There's An App for That!
- Eat Well: Healthy Holiday Eating Guide
- Be Active: Indoor Fitness
- NMC Employee Wellness YouTube Channel (Archived Live Presentations)
Your challenge for April is to conserve Earth's resources and save money by packing your lunch.
Eat 2-3 cups of vegetables and 1 1/2 – 2 cups of fruit each day.
Commit to get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night during the month of February (and beyond).
Keep track of the number of days you had a healthy balanced breakfast during the week.
This month, our employee wellness program mini challenge is all about being part of a community!
Every Friday in May we are offering FREE feel good events for all employees and their family members. In addition to earning 25 scorecard program points PER event that you attend (that's 225 points possible!!!) EVERY employee who schedules a fitness center intro & tour will receive a FREE semester membership to the NMC Fitness Center.