Northwestern Michigan College gives hard-working, eager learners — employees as well as students — a place to develop their potential and improve their quality of life.
NMC is a publicly funded community college serving people, organizations and businesses throughout the Grand Traverse region. We serve more than 50,000 learners annually — a feat made possible because of our talented and dedicated faculty and staff.
NMC is committed to hiring individuals who value higher education and its impact within its walls as well as throughout the community at large. If you believe you’re a good fit for Northwestern Michigan College, we would like to hear from you.
Northwestern Michigan College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, height, weight, marital status, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions. Read our complete policy »
- Administering benefits
- Advocacy for the fair and equitable treatment of all employees
- Developing and implementing sound and practical Human Resource policies
- Inspiring a high level of employee morale
- Keeping accurate records
- Maintaining a competitive salary benefits package
- Maintaining legal compliance with employment laws
- Managing HR costs
- Promoting a safe and healthy workplace
- Recognition of employees
- Sustaining the processes that effectively recruit, select, develop, promote and assist growth and development of all faculty and staff
The Office of Human Resources is located at:
NMC University Center (Click here for a campus map)
2200 Dendrinos Drive, Suite 110
Traverse City MI 49684
The NMC University Center is located 1/2 mile north of the intersection of South Airport and Cass Road, on the southwest shore of Boardman Lake.
Mon–Fri: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.