Bachelor's Degree Completed
- United States citizen
- No prior or pending misdemeanors, felonies or legal expungements
- Academic placement at Freshman English and Intermediate College Algebra level determined by transferable college credits or COMPASS Placement testing »
- United States Coast Guard physical standards and all requirements for licensing as a United States Merchant Marine Officer, as established by federal law
A completed Application includes:
- Official copies of college transcripts from all schools attended
- Merchant Mariner Credential Medical Evaluation Report (PDF) »
- Two letters of recommendation with contact information
- A campus visit is required. Schedule your campus visit »
- If Veteran, Undeleted DD214, Armed Services Discharge Report
- Maritime classes for incoming first-year cadets begin fall semester only. Formal reviews for acceptance will be made by the director of admissions until the class is full.
- The Academy admits 60 cadets each year; early completion of application materials is advised.
- FAFSA forms should be completed as soon as possible after Jan. 1 to be eligible for maximum aid.