- Maritime classes for incoming first-year cadets begin fall semester only. Formal reviews for acceptance will be made by the director of admissions until the class is full.
- The Academy admits 60 cadets each year; early completion of application materials is advised.
- FAFSA forms should be completed as soon as possible after Jan. 1 to be eligible for maximum aid.
- At least 17 years of age with a high school diploma or GED
- United States citizen
- No prior or pending misdemeanors, felonies or legal expungements
- United States Coast Guard physical standards and all requirements for licensing as a United States Merchant Marine Officer, as established by federal law
- ACT or SAT minimum requirements (below) or COMPASS placement test results (below) or transferable Intermediate Algebra and English Composition college credits
|ACT (Academy code 1978)|
|SAT (Academy code 6982)|
|COMPASS Placement Test|
Please note these are the minimal score sets required to be considered for admission into the Academy. Acceptance is competitive.
a completed application includes:
- Official copies of high school transcripts, if less than 48 college credits completed
- College transcripts from all schools attended
- Merchant Mariner Credential Medical Evaluation Report (PDF) »
- Two letters of recommendation with contact information
- A campus visit is required. Schedule your campus visit »
- If Veteran, Undeleted DD214, Armed Services Discharge Report