Sharpen your skills, get recertified and stay ahead of the curve through our professional development opportunities. These include classes for able seamen and others. We also offer one-day and two-day radar recertification courses. We apologize that our spring RADAR classes will be limited to one day sessions.
ADDITIONAL CLASSES WILL BE ADDED to our schedule AS DEMAND WARRANTS. PLEASE CALL FOR WAIT-LIST SCHEDULING.
To register, call the Great Lakes Maritime Academy at (877) 824-7447 or (231) 995-1200, or email Susan Denoyer at email@example.com.
For detailed information, please view the Course Descriptions PDF file.
Continuing Education Training Courses 2016–2017
ONE-DAY RADAR RECERTIFICATION
Download the Registration Form: Here
TWO-DAY RADAR REFRESHER
- FIVE DAY RADAR OBSERVER - UNLIMITED (bring calculator, parallel rules, and dividers):
Dates: Wait-listing Available; Course Fee: $750 (class minimum* = 3, maximum = 8) Download Registration form here: GLMACE Registration
- GLOBAL MARITIME DISTRESS and SAFETY SYSTEM (GMDSS):
Dates: Wait-listing Available; Course Fee: $1,400 (class minimum = 4, maximum = 12) Download Registration form here: GLMACE Registration
- ABLE SEAMAN (AB) & PROFICIENCY in SURVIVAL CRAFT (PSC-Lifeboat):
Dates: TBD in February, 2018 Course fee includes accommodation (double occupancy), additional $600 charge for single occupancy.
Course Fee for combined AB/PSC $2,400 - (PSC only Feb 6–10 $1,000) - (AB only Feb. 10–18 $1,500)
Without accommodations - Course fees: AB/PSC $1,850. PSC only $800, AB only $1,150
(Class minimum = 8, Maximum = 24 AB and 28 for PSC). Download Registration form here: AB Registration
- QUALIFIED MEMBER of the ENGINE DEPARTMENT (QMED-FOWT):
Dates: TBD in February, 2018 Course fee includes accommodation (double occupancy), additional charge for single occupancy
Course Fee: $2,400; without accommodations - course fee $1,850
(Class minimum = 6, maximum = 12). Download Registration form here: QMED Registration
- ELECTRONIC CHART DISPLAY and INFORMATION SYSTEM (ECDIS):
Dates: Wait-listing available
Course fee: $1,300
(class minimum = 2, maximum = 6) Download Registration form here: GLMACE Registration
- FAST RESCUE BOAT (FRB):
Dates: TBD in August 2017, Wait-listing Available; Course Fee $1,050.00.
(Class Minimum = 4, maximum = 10) Download Registration form here: GLMACE Registration
- Classes require a minimum number of students and may be canceled.
- The WAIT-LIST request is a non-commitment pre-registration. We will call each wait-listed student whenever enough intrest is shown in order to satisfy the minimum required students for each class.
- *RADAR Minimum class size is based on a combined total of 3 registered students for either 1, 2 or 5 days with 8 maximum allowed.
- Radar Recertification/Refresher classes begin at 1000, all other classes begin at 0800 unless otherwise notified.
- Photo ID required, MMC is preferred.
- If taking a recertification course, you must have proof of prior certification.
- Types of payment accepted once registered: credit card, check, cash or money order.
- Certified FCC Examiner for radio licenses, contact Capt. Biolchini at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and scheduling.