Schedule A Visit
Schedule a campus visit by contacting our office. Visits typically last three hours, but can be longer if you elect to see residence hall or other areas not directly on the Maritime campus. The following days and times are generally available (reserve your spot in advance, no visits will be scheduled on college holidays).
August 2016 through April 2017, visits at the academy are generally scheduled:
- Mondays – 0900
- Fridays – 1300 (This tour includes a current cadet available for the tours and Q & A)
May through August 2017:
The Training Ship State of Michigan will be out sailing with our first year cadets most of the summer. Prospective cadets are invited to tour the ship while it is in a port near you (visit our calendar page to view entire itinerary), but please contact us in advance to make arrangements. While you can schedule your official visit to the Academy at any time, it is most beneficial when you can make arrangements to visit the ship at a port near you or the ship is in our port. The ship will be at the Academy:
- Until May 15th, 2017 (a visit may be scheduled that day, but will not include a tour of the ship)
- June 23, 2017, ship is scheduled to return at 0600. Visits will include ship tours this day.
- August 21-25 - Ship is in port, Pre-Fall semester ongoing, visits/tours available all week.
- August 28th - regular ship tours resume for the academic year
To schedule, please contact the Maritime Admissions Office:
Those with last names A–K, primary contact:
Director of Maritime Admissions
Those with last names L–Z, primary contact:
Get information on flying to Traverse City, car rentals and hotel accommodations. Learn more (PDF) »
The Great Lakes Maritime Academy is located on NMC's Great Lakes Campus (#5 on the Great Lakes Campus map)
For custom driving directions to the Great Lakes Campus from Google, enter your street address, city and state below. (The directions will appear in a new browser window.)