Schedule A Visit
Schedule a campus visit by contacting our office: (231) 995-1200 or one of our direct numbers below. Visits typically last three hours, but can be longer if you elect to see residence hall or other areas not directly on the Maritime campus. The following days and times are generally available (reserve your spot in advance, no visits will be scheduled on college holidays).
August 2016 through April 2017, visits at the academy are generally scheduled:
- Mondays – 0900 (Starting in October, a Deck cadet will be available for the tours and Q & A)
- Fridays – 1300 (Starting in October, an Engineering cadet will be available for the tours and Q & A)
Admissions Office on the road:
- WEST COAST: November 17–19, 2016, visit us at our booth at the Pacific Marine Expo!
- SOUTH/GULF area: November 30–December 2, visit us at our booth at the Workboat Show!
- Check back for other events!
May through August 2017:
The Training Ship State of Michigan will be out sailing with our first year cadets most of the summer. We recommend scheduling a visit when the ship is planned to be in our port — and those dates will be scheduled in early Spring.
Alternate dates may be scheduled upon request.
Those with last names A - K, primary contact:
Director of Maritime Admissions
Those with last names L-Z, primary contact:
Get information on flying to Traverse City, car rentals and hotel accommodations. Learn more (PDF) »
The Great Lakes Maritime Academy is located on NMC's Great Lakes Campus (#5 on the Great Lakes Campus map)
For custom driving directions to the Great Lakes Campus from Google, enter your street address, city and state below. (The directions will appear in a new browser window.)