Women on the Water
Women on the Water will be hosting the annual
Women on the Water Professional Development Conference
October 26–28, 2017
We cordially invite cadets, faculty and staff from all academies as well as alumni, industry and the Maritime Administration to this annual event. The website with program details, registration information and guide visiting our area is currently under construction - please check back. For more information, please contact Judy Druskovich, email@example.com.
The first Women on the Water (WoW) Conference was hosted in 2007 by Great Lakes Maritime Academy, where the group was founded. It has since been recognized by the Maritime Administration and developed a presence at each of the other maritime academies. All the academies have taken turns hosting this popular annual conference, and Great Lakes is excited to host again in Fall 2017. The conference is attended by both cadets and maritime professionals. It serves to promote diversity, encourage networking and raise awareness of issues within the industry, especially those affecting the lives of women.
The following are the bylaws of the GLMA WoW group:
The goal of Women on the Water (WoW) is to promote professionalism, friendship and pride in our choice of occupation. Through organization, effective communication and community involvement, WOW is designed to support women and mariners in the maritime industry, forming an industry-wide network and sense of camaraderie.
- Membership in WOW is open to the maritime community and does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, marital status, politics, religion or sexual preference.
- There is an annual $5 membership fee, proceeds of which support the local chapter. Members may resign at any time by notifying the President.
- Benefits of membership include the mailing list, network and professional development, and participation in group activities.
Officers and Meetings
- The officers of this organization consist of the President, Vice President, and Secretary-Treasurer.
- WOW members in good standing will vote democratically to elect new officers every year.
- Meetings will be held according to the specifications set by the President.