International Aviation Partnership
With increasing globalization of the world’s economy it is important to gain international experience and understanding of different countries’ cultures. In particular, as a professional pilot, Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) operator or aviation professional, it is likely that at some point in your career you are going to be working overseas. The International Aviation Partnership program therefore provides local, regional and international students with:
- Opportunity to study abroad and experience the aviation industry overseas.
- Ability to gain additional international aviation qualifications which can open up new employment opportunities. American students can gain EASA pilot licenses and international students can gain FAA pilot licenses.
- Increase your network of friends and business contacts which, in turn, can provide for new opportunities.
- Safe, secure and friendly environment
- Modern aircraft and avionics, plus seaplane and aerobatic aircraft
- Obtain both FAA and EASA/JAR-FCL licenses
- Gain valuable international aviation experience either via short two-week or semester long courses
- Coursework and hands-on training in the Unmanned Aerial Systems field
- Obtain an understanding of commercial aviation operations and opportunities
- Opportunities for organized trips to EAA Oshkosh Airshow and NASA Space headquarters
- Transfer to one of our partner universities to complete a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in one of many different aviation specialties.
Overseas Partner Universities and Colleges
In order to provide aviation students with these opportunities, we have developed a number of partnerships with overseas Universities and Colleges that specialize in Aviation training. Some of our overseas Partner Universities include:
- University of Hertfordshire, UK »
- London Metropolitan University, UK »
- University of West of England, UK »
- University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa »
- IIAE Dehradun - Aeronautical Engineering institute in India »
International Aviation Program Courses:
For Students from the United States (PDFs):
- Two-week UK Aviation Course »
- Associate Degree in Aviation with International Studies »
- Transfer to Overseas University to complete Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree »
For International Students (PDFs):
- Two-week USA Flight Experience Course »
- Private Pilot License Course »
- Commercial Pilot and UAS Course »
- Flight Hour-building Program »
- Short courses: Instrument, Multi-engine, Seaplane, Aerobatic, Tailwheel
Get started with your International Aviation Application to NMC straight away!
Aviation goes overseas
NMC's aviation program launches a partnership venture to entice British students to get their pilot training in Traverse City. Read the Traverse City Business News story »
"As someone who has both learned and taught at NMC, I look forward to helping other international students experience the great flying opportunities at NMC Aviation."
(Chichester, West SuSSEx)
Head of International Aviation Partnership Programs