Request an NMC Transcript

Students who plan to attend another college or university will need to send an official transcript of their academic record to that college. A transcript is a list of the academic courses a student has taken and the grades earned. Your official transcript will be sent to colleges or employers upon written request. Upon request by some institutions, the official transcript can be sent to you in a sealed envelope for delivery unopened. If you request a copy of the transcript be sent to you, it will be unofficial. (You can print your own copy of your transcript by going to your Self-Service account, Student Records tab, View Your Transcript Version 1. This copy is not similar to the official copy and is not the same as what you would get when you pay $5 for an unofficial copy.) Each request should include:

  • Your name, phone number (if we have questions), and NMC ID or social security number (A valid driver's license, marriage license or other official document is required for name changes.)
  • The name and address where the transcript is to be mailed
  • Your signature
  • $5 for each transcript requested

The request may be made:

  • In person at the Records & Registration Office, Tanis Building, #5 on the main campus map;
  • By mail to the NMC Records Office, 1701 E. Front Street, Traverse City MI 49686-3061;
  • By filling out and submitting this PDF form; or
  • Online through NMC Self-Service (link opens in a new browser window) using your NMC ID and password. Follow the Student Records link, then the Request Printed Transcript link, to submit your request.

Transcripts can be faxed to a third party for the $5 fee. Most institutions and places of business do not consider a faxed copy as official. To protect the confidentiality of the student, telephone requests cannot be honored. You may obtain an unofficial copy of your transcript for your own use. The official transcript has an embossed seal with the Registrar’s signature. The unofficial transcript does not. Transcript requests can be completed only if all fees and obligations to NMC have been fulfilled.

Transcript questions?

Call (231) 995-1049

Section Navigation Student Services & Resources