Did you know?
By 2018, 63 percent of job openings will require workers with at least some college education, according to a projection by Georgetown University's Center on Education and the Workforce.
Northwestern Michigan College serves more than 50,000 learners annually – through academic credit programs, non-credit personal interest classes, organizational training, and cultural activities.
If you're looking to get ahead during a break from your home college or university, NMC could be the perfect place for you!
- Enroll in one of our general education classes to fill any gaps you may have in your current higher education course plan.
- Come for a semester to pick up a few credits before heading back to your home school.
- Finish any outstanding prerequisites for your current program. Transferring credits from NMC is easy!
To get started with the process of becoming a guest student follow our Guest Students Checklist:
Check with your schoolCheck with your current school to make sure the class(es) you will take at NMC will transfer back to your school. Or check the online Michigan Transfer Network
- Click here for a helpful application tutorial.
- NMC Admissions upon completion.
Register for classesOnce your application has been processed and you receive a letter of acceptance, you may register for the class you want to take.
Complete new guest applicationIf you would like to apply for a later semester, as a guest student, you will need to complete a new online application and Michigan Uniform Guest application each semester.