Federal Work-Study Programs
Eligibility under these programs requires you to demonstrate financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), to maintain satisfactory academic progress and to meet the NMC student employee criteria:
- A part-time employee who is enrolled and regularly attending classes at NMC as a degree-seeking student.
- Your primary purpose for being at NMC is to further your education.
- Student employment is temporary and incidental to the pursuit of an education.
- Student employees work 20 hours per week or less. You may work up to 40 hours per week during semester breaks and summer.
- You must be enrolled at least half time during the semester you are working. Minimum NMC academic credits: 6 for fall; 6 for spring; 3 for summer.
- Any student employee who is no longer enrolled at least half-time at NMC must be terminated from work.
Many areas of the college hire student employees including Facilities, Library, Media Services, the Advising Center, Financial Aid, Counseling, Mail Operations, Business Office, Admissions, and Human Resources. Student employees are chosen based on qualifications, position requirements and work availability. Take a moment to review job descriptions before you apply.
There usually are far more applicants than positions available. We encourage you to apply as soon as you have your class schedule.