Board Policy B-101.00
President's Role and Job Description
- The president is accountable to the board acting as a body. The board will instruct the president through written policies, delegating implementation to the president.
- As the board's official link to the operating organization, the president's job performance will be considered to be synonymous with organizational performance as a whole, as reflected in an annual evaluation conducted by the Board.
- Consequently, the president's job contributions can be stated as performance in only two areas:
- Organizational accomplishment of the provisions of board policies on Ends
- Organization operation within the boundaries of prudence and ethics established in board policies on Parameters
- Notwithstanding the above, the president serves at the pleasure of the board and contractual understandings will apply.
Adopted by the Northwestern Michigan College Board of Trustees October 23, 1995
Revised January 23, 2006