Board Policy B-103.00
Communication and Counsel to the Board
With respect to providing information and counsel to the board, the president shall inform the board regarding matters of importance. Accordingly, the president shall:
- Inform the board of relevant trends, anticipated adverse media coverage, or material external and internal changes.
- Submit required monitoring data to the board regarding accomplishment of the ends policies and conformance to the means policies in a timely, accurate, and understandable fashion.
- Obtain for the board adequate internal and external points of view, facts, issues, and options as may be needed to make fully informed board decisions.
- Provide a mechanism for official board, officer, board committee, and president communications.
- Report in a timely manner an actual or anticipated noncompliance with any policy of the board.
- Keep the board informed regarding progress on major strategic initiatives
Adopted by the Northwestern Michigan College Board of Trustees October 23, 1995
Revised February 27, 2006