Board Policy B-103.00
Communication and Counsel to the Board
With respect to providing information and counsel to the board, the president shall inform the board regarding matters of importance. Accordingly, the president shall:
- Inform the board of relevant trends, anticipated adverse media coverage, or material external and internal changes.
- Submit required monitoring data to the board regarding accomplishment of the ends policies and conformance to the means policies in a timely, accurate, and understandable fashion.
- Obtain for the board adequate internal and external points of view, facts, issues, and options as may be needed to make fully informed board decisions.
- Provide a mechanism for official board, officer, board committee, and president communications.
- Report in a timely manner an actual or anticipated noncompliance with any policy of the board.
- Keep the board informed regarding progress on major strategic initiatives
If any provisions(s) of this policy or set of bylaws conflicts with laws applicable to Northwestern Michigan College, including the Community College Act of 1966, the Freedom of Information Act, or the Open Meetings Act, as each may be amended from time to time, such laws shall control and supersede such provisions(s).
Adopted by the Northwestern Michigan College Board of Trustees October 23, 1995
Revised February 27, 2006