Staff Policy D-105.06
Institutional Effectiveness Criterion: Scholarship
Additional Credits for an Additional Associate Degree
Students may earn additional degrees at Northwestern Michigan College. A minimum of 15 earned hours (credits) shall be earned from Northwestern Michigan College in addition to the required credits for the previous degree.
- Students may earn only one Associate in Science and Arts degree.
- The Associate in General Studies degree may not be earned as an additional degree.
- Program requirements for the additional degree will be based on the catalog that is in effect when the student officially switches to the new program.
- Previous credits will be evaluated by the Records Office for transfer to the additional degree as applicable.
- This policy does not apply to certificates.
The Vice President for Educational Services, in conjunction with the appropriate faculty and staff, is responsible for the development and publication of any procedures or guidelines that may be necessary to administer this policy effectively.
If any provisions(s) of this policy or set of bylaws conflicts with laws applicable to Northwestern Michigan College, including the Community College Act of 1966, the Freedom of Information Act, or the Open Meetings Act, as each may be amended from time to time, such laws shall control and supersede such provisions(s).
Initially adopted December 17, 2010