Staff HR Policy D-709.00
Institutional Effectiveness Criterion: Culture
Benefits Applicable to Regular Faculty and Staff Policy
It is College policy to provide these benefits in order to provide a competitive total compensation package. Details of these specific benefits can be found on the Human Resources web site.
Holiday and leave benefits can be found in their respective procedures. Changes to the benefit level of these policies and procedures regarding these benefits will be discussed in Benefits Advisory Committee.
- NMC Tuition
- Health and dental insurance
- Continuation coverage of group health insurance
- Flexible compensation plan
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Vacation (not applicable to faculty)
- Sick leave
- Wage continuation (short term disability)
- Family and medical leave
- Family sickness/emergency leave
- Bereavement leave
- Personal business leave
- Child care leave
- Military leave
- Jury duty and court service
If any provisions(s) of this policy or set of bylaws conflicts with laws applicable to Northwestern Michigan College, including the Community College Act of 1966, the Freedom of Information Act, or the Open Meetings Act, as each may be amended from time to time, such laws shall control and supersede such provisions(s).