Staff HR Policy D-759.01
Institutional Effectiveness Criterion: Culture
Interview Expenses Procedure
These guidelines apply to interview expenses for candidates for regular, full-time administrative, professional, technical/paraprofessional and faculty positions. These guidelines do not apply to local candidates.
- NMC will reimburse one-half of transportation costs for candidates. The candidate who is successful in receiving the appointment will receive full reimbursement of transportation costs. Reimbursement will be limited to the cost of the most economical, feasible mode of transportation (e.g., if it is less costly to fly vs. drive, we will reimburse the candidate for the airfare cost).
- Airline tickets must be coach/economy seating and should be booked 21 days in advance where possible to qualify for reduced rates. Ticket costs up to a maximum reimbursement of $500 will be paid; special circumstances resulting in higher costs will be reviewed. A paid receipt and copy of the tickets are required for reimbursement, and cancellations are non-reimbursable.
- Mileage will be paid based on the mileage tables chart used by Human Resources at the current mileage reimbursement rate.
- Candidates will be responsible for arranging their own transportation unless other instructions are received.
- If the interview schedule requires an overnight stay, Human Resources will make any necessary hotel arrangements. The single occupancy rate for room and taxes will be directly billed to NMC.
- In accordance with NMC's Per Diem procedure for business travel, candidates will be paid the current daily Per Diem rate for meals and incidentals, which may include airport parking, taxi fares, phone calls, tips, etc. Per Diem does not apply to local applicants.
- The cost of meals with the candidate and interviewers will be paid by the Human Resources Department if approved in advance by the Office of Human Resources.
- An Interview Expense Report must be completed by the candidate and submitted with proper receipts (with the exception of covered per diem expenses) to request reimbursement.
- The president reserves the right to amend these guidelines for selected positions.
- All reimbursement of expenses is at the discretion of the Human Resources Department.
If any provisions(s) of this policy or set of bylaws conflicts with laws applicable to Northwestern Michigan College, including the Community College Act of 1966, the Freedom of Information Act, or the Open Meetings Act, as each may be amended from time to time, such laws shall control and supersede such provisions(s).
Authorized on 11/24/09