NMC offers a variety of programs for K-12 students, including:
- High school dual enrollment: High school students can get a head start earning college credits by taking classes at NMC.
- Commitment Scholarships: These are awarded to students from school districts in NMC’s service area. Students are selected in eighth grade by their principals and counselors.
- Dennos Museum Center: Offering educational concerts in Milliken Auditorium, guided tours, art projects, special toddler programs, games relating to exhibits, gallery guides, teacher resources, and a lending library of books and videos. Two educational programming funds can help cover admission or travel costs for public and private K-12 school visits to the Dennos Museum Center.
- College for Kids: Providing enrichment courses for ages 4 to 17 including ACT test preparation, art, cooking, martial arts and Youth Flute Choir. The popular summer program features more than 150 week-long courses.
- Children’s Choir: Providing musical artistry experiences to students entering grades 2-9. Auditions are held each summer on campus for the following school year.
- Aviation Programs for Youth: The local chapter of the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA), in conjunction with NMC Aviation and US Coast Guard Air Station Traverse City, sponsors Post M22 Aviation Explorer's Post for teens with an interest in aviation.
- Free Fishing Day: An event held annually in June at the Great Lakes Campus.
Section Navigation Academic Programs